Other ways to use MTG

atl_mulattamami

Can you mix in MTG with shampoo and conditioner? Will it still be effective?

Can you put MTG in a spray bottle and spray it on the scalp?

I just don't have the time or patience to apply it like grease with my fingers.

Guyaneek

Hi Cookie507,
I've used MTG in a spray bottle. It worked fine for me. I also think mixing it with shampoo and conditioner sounds like a good idea. I can't wait to get some of the other ladies responses. :look:

atl_mulattamami

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Is it ok if the MTG gets on my hair or do I have to be careful to ONLY get it on my scalp?

Also does it change hair texture like surge has done for some?

Guyaneek

I get a bit on my hair also. I know I have heard that a few ladies do a baggie with it. I've never used surge so I will leave that to someone who has. But a question for you, has surge changed your texture for the better or worse? Just curious? MTG has made my NG almost unbareable :look: I'm not complaining though. :D

sprungonhairboards

I think adding it to shampoo or conditioner would be a waste (I'm assuming you are rinsing the shampoo and conditioner out). The MTG needs to stay on the scalp to work. Applying with a spray bottle should be fine.

Tonya

I put mine in an applicator bottle nad apply it that way. Once I get it in my hair. I massage it into my scalp. So far so good. My hair is alreayd thick as heck so it is hard to tell any differnece right now.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I put it in my hair every day. I experienced a tighter curl pattern since doing this. Relaxers don't last long w/ MTG for me, so I went natural. Since my BC in july, my hair has grown 1.5". :) Love this stuff, even more since becoming natural. I mask the scent with Mango butter and MNT conditioner. Just my own thing that works for me. ;)

mahoganee

I started out using mine in a spray bottle and then started adding other things to it when I saw that some of you added oils and whatnot to it. This clogged the sprayer however so now I put my mixture in a wgo bottle. I mix mine with kemi oyl and cedarwood eo. Smells good!

ScandalousBeauty

I have mine in a bottle with a spout, and I apply it directly to my scalp everynight. This way, it absorbs into my scalp and the smell is gone by hte morning. Gotta love MTG...that stuff works!!!

I use mine from an applicator bottle and apply it directly to the roots. I don't think it would work if you applied it to products that you wash out as it is designed to be absorbed in your scalp.