overnight

I've tried this with several conditioners (moisturizing conditioners and protein conditioners). For my hair, this works best when I use Aubrey Organics GPB (which I've kept on overnight many times before - with no problem). However, it doesn't work as well (for me) with moisturizing conditioners.

I do this also with conditioners, pre-shampoo treatments, and certain protein treatments, especially since I don't like to sit under the drier for deep conditioning.

i do it cuz i don feel like getting back in the shower to wash it out in a half an hour. i sleep on it and wash it out in the morning. i don't use any conditioners with protein in it so my hair doesn't come out hard.

I've slept with conditioners in my hair overnight MANY times also.
smile.gif

No ill effects.
grin.gif

In fact, my hair is at its softest and "most manageable" when I do these overnight treatments. I've used regular, deep conditioning, and protein conditioners to put in my hair overnight for reference purposes.

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
I've slept with conditioners in my hair overnight MANY times also.
smile.gif

No ill effects.
grin.gif

In fact, my hair is at its softest and "most manageable" when I do these overnight treatments. I've used regular, deep conditioning, and protein conditioners to put in my hair overnight for reference purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

I've done this a few times and I don't really like it. First of all leaving the conditioner in overnight tends to make my scalp feel itchy.

Secondly, for some reason, conditioners which normally give me mucho slip, give no slip whatsoever after being in my hair overnight!!
nuts.gif
Weird, but true...
crazy.gif
I always end up having to put another conditioner in my hair after rinsing the one I left in overnight... and just letting it sit for a few minutes to soften my hair...
ohwell.gif
I think that leaving conditioner in for too long puffs my cuticles up too much.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I've done this a few times and I don't really like it. First of all leaving the conditioner in overnight tends to make my scalp feel itchy.
I think that leaving conditioner in for too long puffs my cuticles up too much.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
smile.gif

thanx guys, ill probably be trying this next weekend. ill be doing it with lekair cholestoral or should i do it with one that doesnt have so much protein?

I have really great results when I sleep in Le Kair Cholesterol or Aubrey condits.
I have tried others and found they worked a lot worse overnight.

I leave my conditioner in all the time and I've never had a problem. For me, it really helps when it's time to stretch out the relaxer and soften up the new growth.
Take care,
G

I do it all the time, mostly on weekends though. I use any conditioner that I have on hand.

Back