OVERprocessed!!!

PrincessM

My crown is totally TOTALLY damaged
... I've come to the conclusion my hairdresser is the culprit. I swear I will never let her relax my hair again!!!! She runs that darn relaxer through almost my WHOLE length
... everytime! I can scream for her doing that and worse me not even paying attention and knowing that is bad. My edges and crown are so broken. She relaxed the whole length of that area got completely overprocessed, so every 6-8 weeks that area got relaxed from root to tip. And this lady had the nerve to say the crown is so short because I must have accidently cut it (when removing my weave which before I was into hair care I was always very careful doing).

It makes so much sense now, all this time I thought I was doing something wrong because that area is NOT getting any longer even though I always got plenty of new growth
. And the area that did grow is damaged too because relaxer go on it too because she's very sloppy just piling on the relaxer.

Did I mention she switches relaxers on me?

What do you guys recommend I do
I've already decided to never ever ever let her relax my hair and let my mom do it (who did my hair for years before I went to this hairdresser... my longest length was past bra strap with her), I'm gonna buy an Aphogee Treatment and I plan on wearing a weave til next summer so my hair can even out. Watch carefully what your hairdressers do, ladies
!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well, stylists do make a habit of overlapping. That is definetly the culprit in your situation. I had the same problem not to long ago. If your mother is doing a good job on your hair then let her do it!

It is probably a good idea to do the protein treatment. Make sure you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Try to stay away from heat. When you do the weave be careful of the weave hair weighing down your own hair, especially in the broken areas.

Sorry you have to go through this. This is the very reason why I stopped going to stylists!

northernbelle

I am so sorry that has happened to you.

Back in 1987, when I received my first professional relaxer, my hair endured all kinds of damage, from overprocessing, and use of too strong relaxers. My mother nursed my hair back to health. In fact, I believe that due to her many years of caring for my hair, I still had hair after the relaxer drama. I allowed the relaxer to grow out a bit, and my mom used the warm straightening comb as she had when I was a child. This mishap occured during ages 22-24.

Fortunately, I ended up with a wonderful stylist some time later, who not only could do hair, but also knew hair, and within a year, my hair was not only stronger, but also longer. I continued to wear a relaxer, however this time, one that was the appropriate strength for my hair.

Do a search re: the application of the Aphogee Treatment. I will also try to bump it for you (now that I know what bumping is - lol).

Hang in there, and try to get recs. for a more skilled hair professional. It will turn out well for you. Be patient and learn all you can.

northernbelle

PrincessM

Thanks girls... I'm on it
she's officially fired from relaxing my hair
. I'm gonna let my mom do the relaxing until I feel comfortable enough again to search for a new one

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You'll find someone new to do it. What this lady was doing is definitely not the norm. Be sure and let your new stylist know why you left the old stylist because this will let her know 1) to give good TLC to your hair 2) that over-lapping on your hair is not an option if she wants to keep you as a paying customer.

nekee

Depending on where u live , u should ask some of the other women in here who goes to stylists , which one they go to .