Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner Shelf Life

ctosha

I have had the HH conditioner since November or December of 08 or early 09 I forgot I had it but the shelf life is about 4 to 6 months. I have not been keeping in the fridge as suggested on the website to maintain the freshness. Do you ladies think I should use it. I smells the same as when I bought in in 08 or early 09 and while looking into the bottle I do not notice any colour change. I wanted to use this tomorrow finally. Suggestions please????? Or if anyone has had theirs more than a year without storing it in the fridge please chime in. Responses would be appreciated.

Sorry this isn't a response, but I too have had mine unrefrigerated past the shelf life, so I too would love to know!

it would really depend on the amount of water in the product and the preservatives used, other wise there could be bacteria, yeast and mold growing inside the product..that you cant see. yuk!

Do you trust the scent, can you see any fuzz or other ickies growing? Oyin does suggest refrigeration for longer term usage.

i do not see any other fuzz or anything growing inside and there is preservative used called optiphen the smell is like a orange popsicle which is what i remember it as. I may not take my chances with this and toss it and wait til the 32oz size comes to honeyfig in February. At least now I know for the future what I need to do if I this will be lasting longer than four to six months. Thank you ladies for your responses but I would still like to hear more for those who have had this longer than the shelf life without refidgeration

Back