Product shelf life

Amarilles

I'm considering getting my staple conditioner in a 64oz container but I'm wondering if this is smart...has anyone done something similar?

I'm just wondering if I'll be able to use up 64oz before the thing expires. I used up the sample 1oz in like 3 weeks. Is there a standard for how long the shelf life of products are?

I know I can easily use up a 32 oz in that time before it expires.

You have me curious now. I wonder if conditioner can be frozen and thawed out.

I think it depends on the products. I no regular store bought products last a pretty long time (3+yrs) but all natural handmade items have a much shorter shelf life (6 months-1yr)

The ingredients are Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Extracts of: Green Tea, Sage, Rosemary, Basil, Mullein, Licorice, Thyme, and Vanilla, Certified Organic: Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Not 100% natural but natural enough. I use this as a moisturizer/leave-in and it works well on me so I don't use a lot, I used up 1oz in 3 weeks. I suck at math...but I think that would put me at 4 years with the tub. Too much?

I should probably just get the 16oz. :ohwell:

The ingredients are Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Extracts of: Green Tea, Sage, Rosemary, Basil, Mullein, Licorice, Thyme, and Vanilla, Certified Organic: Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Not 100% natural but natural enough. I use this as a moisturizer/leave-in and it works well on me so I don't use a lot, I used up 1oz in 3 weeks. I suck at math...but I think that would put me at 4 years with the tub. Too much?

I should probably just get the 16oz. :ohwell:

I think you are right. And you can always get a 2nd bottle if they go on sale. :yep:

Dammit. I complain about never finding a huge bottle of things I like and here I have half a gallon yet find a problem with that too. SMH. Thanks girls.

Personally, I would contact the Seller. I've had handmades/natural products that has varied from 6 months to 2 years according to the Seller/Vendor.

I would also store in a Cool Dark Place. Not in the Bathroom/Shower area where it is exposed to Moisture/Dampness.

Coincidentally I keep my products in a closet since I have no cabinets in my bathroom. I actually think I may go for it...I sent an email to the distributor about it, but this article is reassuring:

Shelf Life Guidelines

The condish normally comes in a bottle (which is actually 8oz not 16 :ohwell:) and the 64oz comes in a tub with a pump (according to what the distributor had told me) so it might work if I pump it to a smaller bottle and leave it alone in the dark place. Hmmm.

No idea, I don't think it comes in a 32oz container. I'm using Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing conditioner...but one never knows. When the distributor replies I'll ask if they have a 32oz bottle instead.

Back