Mizani Butter Blends Users: FYI

kami11213

I know I've seen a couple of threads asking about the shelf-life of MBB relaxers and how to store them after initial use... I was storing my left over relaxers in the fridge and chucking them after about 4 months and wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do so I contacted customer support who informed me that the MBB relaxers have a shelf life of up to 3 years if unopened and 1 year after initial use. They recommend NOT storing the relaxer in the fridge rather storing it at room temp. (around 70-75 degrees f) as you can possibly damage your hair if you put it in the fridge (who knew :perplexed)

Just thought I'd share just in case others are throwing them away too soon or putting them in the fridge to store...

Reecie

Thanks girl. I plan on relaxing with MBB on December 1st (12 week stretch). It's so ironic. I just returned from stalking your Fotki (the "my beginning" section). I love your hair! :perplexed:grin:

kami11213

Np Reecie... congrats on your stretch... I'm relaxing next week and have leftover MBB in the fridge that I'll be throwing away...such a waste of money :ohwell:

sqzbly1908

I remember reading somewhere a while back about not storing relaxer in the fridge...Good lookin' out Kami...

BTW...It didn't seem to affect your hair, Kami...still looks fly :)

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I've always kept my relaxers in the fridge. I had a regular Mizani relaxer in the fridge for about a year-maybe. I opened it was kind of dried out looking, so I chucked and thought the fridge dried it out, but said nah. I would think the fridge would keep it "fresh". Thanks for the info.

prisytomboy

I know I've seen a couple of threads asking about the shelf-life of MBB relaxers and how to store them after initial use... I was storing my left over relaxers in the fridge and chucking them after about 4 months and wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do so I contacted customer support who informed me that the MBB relaxers have a shelf life of up to 3 years if unopened and 1 year after initial use. They recommend NOT storing the relaxer in the fridge rather storing it at room temp. (around 70-75 degrees f) as you can possibly damage your hair if you put it in the fridge (who knew :perplexed)

Just thought I'd share just in case others are throwing them away too soon or putting them in the fridge to store...

You're wonderfrul!!!!

Thanks so much!