Paging Adrienne

hairfanatic

Hi Adrienne,

I finally bought the hair three packs. I'm not going to put as many braids as I did the last time. I had a difficult time in the beauty supply store...all of the braid sprays seem to have so much oil in them. I thought your braids needed moisture and not oil? Oh well. I'm going to pre soak in vinegar tonight. After I bought the hair, I wished that I would have bought a different kind of hair because I was thinking of doing the twists instead of braids.

One question, do you braid back-to-back or do you give your self a break? If so, how long?

adrienne0914

i usually waited at least a couple of weeks. i don't know that back-to-back is harmful. i'm just overly cautious. ya know?

yeah, the braids do need moisture. i had more luck with curl activator than the braid spray. it would be great if they made a braid spray with glycerine. i used oils mostly on my scalp but would also put some on my braids.

what does soaking the hair in vinegar do? i found washing after i finished to work in getting the chemicals out of the hair. that way i could also condition it right away. i hope the vinegar works out though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

hairfanatic

Thanks Adrienne,

When you pre soak the hair in vinegar and water and wait for 15 minutes, you will see all of the chemicals from the hair rise to the top of the water. After rinsing, you just hang the hair up to dry.

adrienne0914

oh, ok! i didn't know that. did you already soak and rinse the hair? it seems like it would be a pain to do all that. let me know. thanks for the info!!

adrienne

hairfanatic

Hi Adrienne,

I did soak yesterday. It's really not a pain at all and with the Toyokelon hair there wasn't a lot of chemical on the hair, but with the kenekelon...whew! I had to do it three times...it had so much chemical on it.

Madison

wow you learn something new everyday from you ladies. /images/graemlins/smile.gif what kind of chemicals are in the hair and what about the smell ?

and Adrienne thanks for posting your routine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif i cant waite to cut my locs