Paging Affirm Users . . . Positive Link or 5 in 1?

Neroli

For reasons stated in another thread, I will be purchasing the affirm system from sheldeez and am undecided between the "positive link" or "5 in 1" conditioner -- please give your input. I have 4b hair. Also, I would greatly appreciate a list of ingredients for both products. TIA!

B

ballet_bun

I've tried positive link before and was not impressed. However, on one of the bottles, it suggested mixing the Positive Link with the 5-in-1, and that gave me great results. I just used this to condition my hair for a normal wash day, not after rinsing out the relaxer.

Personally, I prefer the 5-in-1. I bought 2 bottles of the Sustenence Fortifying Treatment, but I haven't tried it yet!

B

ballet_bun

I am going to be using Affirm Fibergaurd again, but a different strenth. I tried Phytorelaxer, and I was not terribly impressed. I use the Affirm conditioners as part of my "regular" regimen ...well, my soon to be "regular" regimen ... lol !

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Paging Affirm Users . . . Positive Link or 5 i

Sometimes the two are mixed. I've had a stylist to use Positive Link on me stating the reason as being that my hair wasn't damaged. But, I've had other stylists to use the 5 in 1. I think 5 in 1 is for fine hair and Positive Link is for thicker, coarser hair. I think I like it best when they're mixed which is what my current stylist does.

MissB

Does the Keracare Reconstructor work with the Affirm 5N1? Or is the Reconstructor a stand alone product? TIA, MissB

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I believe that the Keracare Reconstructor is not meant to be used with the 5 in 1. I've never had a stylist to use the Keracare Reconstructor on me. My current stylist has always spoken of it as a separate product, but she says it's very good.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

No prob. So, are you going to try one of them anytime soon?

MissB

I'm not sure Supergirl. I have to really think about since ordering from Sheldeez can be a hassle.

Neroli

I will purchase both 5 in 1 and positive link and ask my stylist to mix for my next touchup. Thanks!