Paging Aubrey GPB Users

Islandgirl

Hi, I just got my sample yesterday of Aubrey GPB, the bottle says leave in hair for two minutes. My question is do you follow the directions? or do you go under the dryer for 10-15 minutes? basically what do you do when you use the Aubrey GPB? thanks

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I use it with heat for 30-40 minutes. It doesn't make my hair feel hard, but I still follow it up with the Island Spice Cream Rinse or the Jojoba & Aloe.

...IIRC, the directions say to use the cream rinse first and then the GPB...

adrienne0914

i follow the directions... out of laziness mostly.
i'm sure using heat and leaving it on longer would be really beneficial, but i get good results just following the directions.

adrienne

jrw

I always leave it in overnight. I rinse it out and put oil in my hair and go. I don't follow with another conditioner.

daviine

There is such a variety of responses here on the time people leave it in their hair---from 5-10 minutes to overnight. How often do you guys use GPB? Every two weeks?

I'm really considering going back to GPB after reading Adrienne's post....I need to cut bakc on the amount of time I spend on my hair anyway......

I try and use it around every 2 weeks ish. Its gentle enough on me to use it that often since there's zero dry out with it. Actually, right NOW its in my hair and for the first time, I'm leaving it in for a good hour while I soak in the bath
After, I'll rinse it out and follow with Elucence.

TinyT

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Islandgirl said:
Hi, I just got my sample yesterday of Aubrey GPB

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you get samples? I want to try it sometime soon.

Tracy

adrienne0914

i use it every two weeks. and i forgot to say that i don't usually follow it with another conditioner. my hair is really soft after i rinse it out. so i leave it at that.

zanna

I leave it for 10 mn without heat, I don't have any dryer. I like to use it that way.
Zanna

Islandgirl

Ladies thank you all so much for you comments. From what I am reading it seems that most of you leave it in for longer than the two minutes with or without heat. So I guess this weekend i will leave it in for more than 2 minutes (probably 15) without heat and then follow up with Keracare Humecto (with heat cap) for 20 minutes. Thanks again for the comments.

Tracyanette-i went to the aubrey organics site and purchased the sample for $2.75 ( i didn't want to go and buy the big bottle and then be disappointed, so I decided I should try a sample of it to see if my hair likes it :) )

hairfanatic

My question is do you follow the directions? or do you go under the dryer for 10-15 minutes? basically what do you do when you use the Aubrey GPB? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I leave the conditioner on as long as I want and have even left it on overnight with no adverse effects at all.

Allandra

hairfanatic said:
I leave the conditioner on as long as I want and have even left it on overnight with no adverse effects at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

Kitkat

brownrelaxedhair said:
I usually leave it on cold for approx 5-10 mins then rinse out and follow with a diff. conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. The directions on my bottle say to leave it in for 5 to 10 minutes. It leaves my hair really soft with no drying, but I use a moisturizing conditioner just to be safe.

Islandgirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. The directions on my bottle say to leave it in for 5 to 10 minutes. It leaves my hair really soft with no drying, but I use a moisturizing conditioner just to be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]
really?
my sample bottle says 2 minutes. I wonder why would it have different minutes on the bottles.

G

It might depend on hair type, but I would'nt advise you leave on overnight, due to the protein in it, and you don't know how you hair will react.

What I always do is follow the instructions, see how it works and make modifications from there. Most times there is no additional benefit from leaving a product on substainally longer than recommended, except for adjusting for length and thickness.

Kitkat

Hmmmm, Islandgirl, good question. Here are the instructions on my bottle:

After you shampoo and apply one of Abrey's natural herbal hair rinses, apply GPB to the hair and work into scalp.
Allow GPB to remain on the hair for five to ten minutes. Rinse out of hair for one full minute.

Good question - I wonder why your bottle sez two minutes??
I hope we don't have another Moisturefuse mystery on our hands!!

Islandgirl

Kitkat said:
Good question - I wonder why your bottle sez two minutes??
I hope we don't have another Moisturefuse mystery on our hands!!

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHA that would be funny, i really don't know why they would do that. First i thought probably because mine is a sample, but being a sample shouldn't change the way you use it. Anyway my directions says:
To use: After shampoo apply to hair and work into scalp. Rinse treatment out of hair after two minutes.

And i purchased mine from the aubrey-organic site. quite odd, hopefully this wouldn't be another moisturefuse mystery,