Paging Crysdon or anyone else who does this.

nita4

Crysdon,

I read on a post where you do conditioner washes to help with your outgrowth. I go 12 weeks also and was wondering how this would affect relaxed hair.

Another concern is would the conditioner be able to actually get rid of product build-up? I shampoo every 3/4 days. But use S-Curl along with a little shea butter daily. Will the conditioner be able to handle this??

Also, what type of conditioner to you use for the washes and are you adding anything to it?

I actually think this would be a good thing to do during the winter to combat dryness. I know the natural ladies do this, but I've never heard of anyone relaxed doing it.

Thanks in advance for the info.

auntybe

Nita4:

I have used suave conditioner and lemon juice to clean my scalp twice a week. When I wore my hair curly. I also use Elucence as a conditioner wash once a week now that I am wearing a weave. Actually my hair did really well with out shampoo. I liked rinsing it everyday...it's just as it get longer sections stayed really straight because I didn't want to cut it.

I will bet you will get good results from just using conditioner to wash and activator to style.

HTH....Auntybe

nita4

Auntybe: It's so nice to have you back. I think I'll give this a try until my next touch up - January 25th. I'm on week eight now. I have the suave, I just need to get some lemon juice and I'll follow with a deep conditioner. Thanks!!

Crysdon

Hi Nita,

Sorry for getting back so late, I didn't work today and had to do some major Christmas shopping. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back to hair:

I read on a post where you do conditioner washes to help with your outgrowth. I go 12 weeks also and was wondering how this would affect relaxed hair.

<font color="blue"> I have a texturizer (which is just a light relaxer) and it gives great results. It's actually good for your relaxed hair because it moisturizes it. </font color>

Another concern is would the conditioner be able to actually get rid of product build-up? I shampoo every 3/4 days. But use S-Curl along with a little shea butter daily. Will the conditioner be able to handle this??

<font color="blue"> OK, here's the key to getting the build-up out of your hair. I suggest you stand in the shower and let the water hit your hair while massaging the scalp. This helps to loosen any dirt/build-up. I have a shower massager with 7 speeds and I put it on the highest and boy does it feel good and loosens the dirt. After massaging the head for about 2 or 3 minutes, proceed with applying the conditioner and work that sucker in like it's real shampoo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Also, what type of conditioner to you use for the washes and are you adding anything to it?

<font color="blue"> Suave Coconut conditioner. It's the best because it kinda lathers up like shampoo (and it's cheap too, I pay about $1.25). Of course it doesn't get bubbly, but it doesn't just "sit there" on your hair. </font color>

I actually think this would be a good thing to do during the winter to combat dryness. I know the natural ladies do this, but I've never heard of anyone relaxed doing it.

<font color="blue"> This is especially good during the winter months. I live in the Midwest and it's kinda cold right now and with no humidity in the air, my hair will get brittle and break. I also suggest that when you do the conditioner washes, use a clarifying shampoo every 4th wash to make sure that you don't have build-up. Another trick to make your newgrowth soft and shiny is adding honey and virgin olive oil to your deep conditioner. Do the deep conditioner after the conditioner wash and use a heating cap.</font color>

Be sure to post your results...I want to know how you like it.

Miss Montserrat

Crysdon gave a great response and I just wanted to chime in and say that when I first read about CO washes I was really skeptical because I was one of those people who shampoo three times to get my hair squeaky clean. I just want to tell you that this is the best thing since sliced bread and I have been doing it for over a month. I actually did one tonight and I used Smooth and Sleek conditioner by Pantene and Relax by John Frieda and my hair came out almost as shiny as the Pantene commercial. I have to warn you to be careful of the leave in you use because if you use something too heavy you may blame it on the CO wash. I think leave ins like Infusium or Aphogee are excellent with these washes because you still have bounce and swing with no residue, Lastly, Crysdon is so right when she says that these conditioners act as shampoos. In fact, make sure your conditioner doesnt contain SLS or ALS. These chemicals are not just in shampoos. They are in conditioners and in skin soaps. Wella Lifetex is another great one for the CO wash. Trust me, I have very fine hair by nature and I do not like any kind of residue. This process is excellent.

nita4

Hummm, good information. Thanks...I'm on my 9th week of 12 to touch up time and I think that CO washes whould be excellent for my new growth. I actually want to cut my touch up times down to 4 times a year instead of 5. And anything that will help with moisture, softness and extending this time will help. Now, for the SLS and ALS. I thought that this would help remove residue since it's used in shampoos?? If I find it too drying on my hair which honestly I haven't noticed a difference yet. I will take your recommendation and switch. Ahhh, Ms. Montserrat, I am aware of your PJism...and I know that any recommendation you give would be good!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

<font color="orange"> Must try conditioner washes.....must try conditioner washes...... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font color>

Going to store right now....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

Re: SLS and ALS

I don't know the exact link but one of the ladies posted the info on the long term effects of these two chemicals (it might be Tee). I wouldnt attempt to try to explain it but I'm sure someone else can. To my understanding, that was the main reason for starting the No Poo Washes. I actually had no idea that SLS and ALS had harmful effects. The funniest thing is that after surfing these sites I found a bottle of Wella Lifetex which read "Wella Lifetex Wellness products are free of DEA, MEA and SLS and are not tested on animals". It seems to me that they know something I don't know. (Cant say we dont know 'cause everyone is so educated on this stuff). Anyway, I definetly agree with you. Do whats best for you.

As for new growth, I'm going to share a tip with you and the other ladies, Gentle Treatment Style Revival Damage Manager is the BOMB on new growth. Have you ever felt as though your hair started getting dryer and dryer as the weeks went by after your fresh perm...almost like you were washing out the perm. Well this darn product made my hair feel like silk. Girlllllll, you KNOW I'm a PJ. Would I lie? My boyfriend bought me a digital camera for Christmas and I am going to take a picture of my closet... Yes, entire closet of products and you guys are gonna laugh your heads off /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Get back to me if you purchase it. I'm sorry to pass on my PJ habits. It's contagious, you know! /images/graemlins/wink.gif