Paging HAIRLOVE: Q about maintaining straight look

BlackLottus

Hair love, I saw your pictures, and I am quite certain you have taken precious care of your hair to achieve the length you have. My hair is currently natural but from time to time I do opt for a straight look. I manage to keep it looking that way for only a day or two because of frizz, dryness and other factors.

I was wondering if you could share some tips on maintaining a straight look for more than a week:

• if you use any heat devices please indicate that as well and could you also mention how frequently

•What special care do you give to your ends?

•Whats your best approach to maintaining softness and poisture?

Thank you much.

~BL~

HI BlackLotus,

I wish I could answer your question but I really don't think I can! I don't have all natural hair...I have a little over 3 inches of new growth as I'm transitioning. I am not really sure what you would need to do to maintain a straight style with natural hair for more than I week. I haven't had all natural hair since I was 12.

Also, as I'm transitioning, I'm not straightening my hair. I'm only getting it straightened (blowdry, flatiron, or curling iron) every 2-3 months to get an even trim. So, I really don't think I can help you there.
frown.gif

Right now, I've been applying ORS carrot oil to my ends twice a day or more if I think about it. I'm struggling right now with maintaining softness b/c I've been getting too much greasiness. A lot of people here recommend S-curl spray or any other kind of curl activator. I am considering trying something like that in the next few weeks.

I would think it would be almost impossible to maintain a straight look on natural hair for longer than a week. However, my sister does and she has really long hair. From what I see, whenever she's inside, she keeps her hair in a scarf to keep it laying down. She also wraps the outside at night and puts rollers in the top. Other than that, I know that she visits a stylist about every other week. Her hair is long, soft and beautiful but she really doesn't do all that much to it.

Wish I could help more. I'm sure if you read around that you'll find some answers to your questions.

Back