Texlaxed AND Straight Ladies:How do you get your hair straight?

PinkPeony

Do you have to use heat to straighten it or can you achieve straight hair by airdrying?

Also how long does the straight look last you without any sign of frizz or poofing up?

Any special products you swear by?

Thx in advance.:D

newflowers

I relax my hair straight with Phytospecific, and it stays that way for the most part. I use Phyto7 leave-in with a smidge of camellia oil to seal. I like the camellia because it is a very light oil.

With these two products, my roller sets are shiny, bouncy, swinging, and very pretty if I do say so myself. If I airdry without the rollers, my hair is still straight - same products, comb flat, my tiny pony tail, and let it dry.

dillard

When I airdry, my hair is so puffy it almost looks like I'm natural!! The only way for me to achieve straight hair without heat is rollersetting...

jade998

Ella, looks like you were in my head.

I have been contemplating real hard if I should do a corrective and go straighter. My hair dries very puffy and very dry.

I remember when I used to relax staright my hair would be easy to moisturize and stay slick.

Since being texlaxed, I am yet to have a slick day and my hair just puffs out.

Maybe, I should get my hair rollerset every 2 weeks in the salon untill I can figure out what to do myself. However I am scared of the salon. So I have been trying to do my hair myself, but it hasn't been working :(

LovelyZ

I am texlaxed. My hair will not dry straight if I airdry--nowhere near straight, no matter how taut its pulled, it has waves in it.

I get my hair straight by rollersetting. And if I need my roots straight, I use a ceramin iron on the roots only. It will stay straight all day, but if I sweat it will revert or if its a humid day it will revert.

HoneyDew

LovelyZ said:
I am texlaxed. My hair will not dry straight if I airdry--nowhere near straight, no matter how taut its pulled, it has waves in it.

Same here. I cannot master rollersetting on my texlaxed hair. :(

I airdry and flatiron. Even the flatiron does not get the BONE straight. If I turn up the temp it will, but I am afraid to do that. So I just deal with slightly textured hair. It works.

jade998

HoneyDew said:
Same here. I cannot master rollersetting on my texlaxed hair. :(

I airdry and flatiron. Even the flatiron does not get the BONE straight. If I turn up the temp it will, but I am afraid to do that. So I just deal with slightly textured hair. It works.

Hi :wave:

How often do you flat iron? After every wash?

HoneyDew

jade998 said:
Hi :wave:

How often do you flat iron? After every wash?

Yep. Another reason why I don't like to turn up the temp. I am afraid of too much heat use so I keep it just hot enough to get me a little straight where I can wear my style, but it is prone to humidty issues and stuff. But, you know, I just deal with it. :)

PinkPeony

jade998 said:
Ella, looks like you were in my head.

I have been contemplating real hard if I should do a corrective and go straighter. My hair dries very puffy and very dry.

I remember when I used to relax staright my hair would be easy to moisturize and stay slick.

Since being texlaxed, I am yet to have a slick day and my hair just puffs out.

Maybe, I should get my hair rollerset every 2 weeks in the salon untill I can figure out what to do myself. However I am scared of the salon. So I have been trying to do my hair myself, but it hasn't been working :(
Same here.
I'm contemplating going straighter

PinkPeony

Babydall818 said:
WHat is texlaxed?
Texlaxed is when you don't relax your hair bone straight but you leave some kind of texture.
There are various degress of texlaxed depending on how much curlpattern you have left.
If you do a search you will find various threads about texlaxing and it's benefits.:)