Paging ISIS!!!!

Armyqt

Now how you gone throw up a album and not tell nobody
. Girl that is one thick head of hair you've got there.
. I love the thickness and it looks very healthy. You'll be brastrap in no time.

SweetNic_JA

WOW Isis, your hair is beautiful! It's sooooo thick and dark and long!!!

I'm interested in hearing ur regime as well.

shoelover1972

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Now how you gone throw up a album and not tell nobody
. Girl that is one thick head of hair you've got there.
. I love the thickness and it looks very healthy. You'll be brastrap in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that - WOW ISIS

alibi

hair bored
Great hair Isis!
And did you honestly think you would get by the photo album busters???

Isis

OMG!!
I didn't know this thread was here until just now! Thank you so much Armyqt and ladies for your kind words and compliments and encouragement. I've learned so much from you (and I'm still learning)!

Yeah, I can be sneaky LuLu.
And we still cool Anky - thank you so much!
All of you are my inspiration! I'm serious!
I just got my digital camera yesterday and thought I'd check it out. I'm still learning how to use it and how to use my Fotki account at the same time.
I'll post my regime there as soon as I figure out how. In the meantime, I'll post mine here also in a few minutes (have to finish it).

Isis

I wish I had a “before" picture because my hair was dried and fried and breaking from the constant blowdrying and use of hot combs on my damaged, relaxed hair. It was getting shorter as time went by, instead of longer. I'm so glad I found the hair boards last summer!

The keys I learned from LHCF was the importance of moisture, especially for the ends, and for me - no heat. I threw my blowdryer and hot comb away (they were old anyway). I got on the bun challenge and wore my hair in a bun (or French Twist) from July, 2003 until about January, 2004. During those months, I noticed my hair regaining its natural thickness and it was full of body and always had softness and moisture. I was always touching my hair, which I never did before. I started loving and appreciating my hair for the first time.

My Diet and Vitamins:

I eat a vegetarian diet, lots of veggies (raw & steamed), eggs, soy products like tofu, Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP), soy cheeses, tamari, lots of raw almonds, peanuts and sunflower seeds. I drink lots of water every day – about 10 eight ounce glasses or more.

I take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily, usually in my salads. My daily vitamins include: one tablespoon of brewer’s yeast, 1000 mg of vitamin C, zinc lozenges, iron, grapeseed extract, spirulina, 1000 mcg of B-12 and calcium/magnesium. I have MSM and biotin but I haven’t taken them in about 5 months or so. When I did take them it was once in a while - I kept forgetting about them for some reason. I may start that back up soon. As of March 22, 2004 I added drinking carrot juice to my regimen each day.

My Hair Regime:

My regimen is very simple, but a little time consuming in my opinion. I’m always looking for ways to cut the time down.

• I wash and deep condition every 3 days. Washing more often than every 7 days has made a remarkable difference in my hair. I prefer washing my hair before going to bed so it can airdry during the night.

• After washing (I use Mexxus Botanoil), I generously apply Humectress on my hair and comb through with a wide tooth comb. Then I put on a plastic cap and my heat cap to deep condition for 30 minutes.
• I rinse out my conditioner under the shower and detangle my hair at the same time using a wide tooth comb along with the force of the water.

• Next I apply Nexxus Headress leave-in (or Biolage)and comb through. It really detangles well but by that time, my hair is already detangled from the Humectress.

• I apply Constant Care for Ends on my hair ends to seal in the moisture when wearing my hair down in a braid out. If wearing buns or a French Twist, I use Vaseline.

• Then I apply Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade to all of my hair to seal in the moisture and keep my hair from reverting in the humidity. It also adds some shine to my hair (which Headress does not do).

• I section my hair into 4 ponytails with Ouchless bands (pre-soaked in olive oil to prevent any breakage).

• I roll each ponytail up on large and extra large magnetic rollers.

• Then I tie up my rolled up hair in a satin scarf and let it airdry overnight.

• The next day my hair is a little bit damp and if I want to wear it in a bun, I’ll put it in a bun with a silk scrunchie and let it finish drying that way. Or I’ll smooth it up into a French Twist. If I want to wear it down in a braid out, I’ll braid it in 4 braids for about 1 to 1 ½ hours. After that time, my hair is usually dry. I just unravel the braids, moisturize my ends and I’m ready to go. If I have a lot of new growth, I’ll tie my loose hair down for about 20 minutes in a silk or satin scarf. It really reduces the poufiness so my hair lies flatter against my head. I’m still experimenting with my braid outs so it looks good consistently.
I've received a lot of great braid out tips from you ladies and I saved all of them!

• One thing I don’t do is comb my airdried hair until my next wash. I’ve learned that’s one way to lose a lot of hair through breakage. I use my fingers to comb and my hands to smooth.

Because of all the great reviews I’ve heard from LHCF, I just bought some Protectiv Break-Free and I’m using it on my hair daily for extra moisture and strength – before unbraiding my hair and after braiding before going to bed. If I put it on my braid out while my hair is loose, I seem to lose my waves. I’m still experimenting with this product.

This regimen so far has allowed my hair to retain length as it grows and to recover my natural thickness. My hair always has lots of swing and body and shine. And I’m always learning about new techniques and products from all of you.

Isis

Pink Flower - Thank you. I've been stretching out my relaxer to 13 weeks at the most, that's when it starts shedding a lot. 11 weeks is the minimum.

G

Thanks for sharing your routine or "haircare system". I'm glad its working out for you.

Isis

Thank you Bree, Hairlove and Natori! Your compliments mean a lot to me. I'm so glad I came to LHCF!

B

ballet_bun

Wow Isis ...that's one head of hair you have there! Thanks for sharing your regimen!

Isis

Thank you everyone! You are all so encouraging - I feel like I'm doing something right!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
bimbabe said:
I love your hair.
Do you get bad tangles sometimes? Hpw do you fight them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Bimbabe! About your question, I never get bad tangles. Detangling in the shower as I rinse my Humectress out is so easy and I have very, very little shedding, just the normal shedding. By the time I comb my leave-in through, my comb just glides right through with no shedding at all. As I mentioned in my regime, whey I air dry, I do not comb my hair again until the next wash. During the 3 days of using only my fingers to comb, my hair has a lot of body and movement and when I wear it down in a braid out (or unstyled like in the pictures) - it's very swingy. So far, I have not dealt with any tangles, even when it gets close to relaxer time. On my 13th week post relaxer, I'll get more shedding but I'm not dealing with bad tangles.