paging protective style wearers

levette

How often do you wear your hair out in a given month? And when you wear down, for how many day maximimum.

I want to be reasonsable with the protective style usage,but also desire to give my hair a break from wearing it up so much.

northernbelle

Hi, levette.

I wear my hair in a twist or sloppy bun most every day, or a ponytail. While there is some hair exposed, and thus not a true protective style, I wear my hair up most days. When I attend church, or some other special event, I will wear my hair down, which is about once a week. It's just easier for me as a busy teacher to keep my hair neatly styled such a way so that I don't have to worry about how my hair is looking.

northernbelle

Boadicea

I wear my hair down less than ten times in a year. For holidays, my birthday and when I get it relaxer (every 4-6 months)

When I wear my hair down, it's usually for that week because I get it done at a salon and the style lasts for 3-5 days.

Stormy

When my hair is freshly relaxed, I wear it down everyday for the first week, then the second week I may wear it down for about 3 days out of the week. After that I pretty much wear it in a bun unless it's for a special occasion (or church). I have to get up at 4:30 in the mornings, if I wanna really fix my hair which is too early to be trying to style my hair. I need all the
I can get. I hate getting up in the mornings.

Karonica

I hate wearing my hair out straight. I only do it once in a while, and if it's out, chances are, it's in my natural curly 'do, nothing that requires combing. I may do this a week or two out of the month. Other than that, it's tucked away some way or another.

Right now, I'm in a weave, and once I take it out, I plan on wearing it straight for a week maybe, and that's it. The more protective styling options I learn how to do, the less I need to have my own hair exposed.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you wear your hair out in a given month? And when you wear down, for how many day maximimum.

I want to be reasonsable with the protective style usage,but also desire to give my hair a break from wearing it up so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear my hair in a bun everyday and alternate the bun placement meaning for 2 days it's on top, next 2 days on right side, next 2 days back, etc. etc.

I usually wear my hair out about 3 days out of the month but I am opting for a little less now (at least until thanksgiving when i get it relaxed.) When i reach my hair goal i'll probably wear it out at least a week out of the month.

northernbelle

I have been reflecting on this post, as well as my own response to it.

While I do wear my hair up the majority of the time, I do not want to become paranoid about wearing it down. After all, it's not going to fall out, unless I acquire a serious disease, or neglect my hair's care.

In fact, I wore it down today. It was a refreshing change of pace!

northernbelle

AnjelLuvs

considerin that I ahte really combin and messin with my hair due to lazyness the best way for me is to have it up. I usually have it in shirley temple curls or braidouts or wet ponytails

Leshia

I wear my hair in a protective style every single day. The last time I wore it down was when I went out on the town for a girls' night (before I was pregnant) and I'm now in my fourth month. It's just easier for me not to fuss with it. I really enjoy protective styles. Christmas will probably be the next time I wear it down...

localhost

I wear my hair in a bun every single day...I used to consider giving myself a couple of days out of the year to wear it down, but I've reconsidered. So for xmas, my birthday, graduation, 4th of july...It'll be up!

I figure since I take my hair down once I'm home for the day, I can sacrifice the holidays.

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
When my hair is freshly relaxed, I wear it down everyday for the first week, then the second week I may wear it down for about 3 days out of the week. After that I pretty much wear it in a bun unless it's for a special occasion (or church). I have to get up at 4:30 in the mornings, if I wanna really fix my hair which is too early to be trying to style my hair. I need all the
I can get. I hate getting up in the mornings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like me, except for the waking up at 4:30 a.m. part.
LOL

Chichi

Miosy

I wear my hair out maybe.....once every 3 months or so but I don't like to wear it out much because it gets drier than usual when I do...

inthepink

It hasn't been a whole yet for me doing protective styles so for the past 3.5 months, I've worn my hair down maybe 20 times. When I get it straightened, the style usually lasts a week. And I've gotten my hair straightened twice in the past three months.

I don't want to become paranoid about wearing my hair down so I probably will wear it down about once a week. That is, if I can get my braidouts to look right!