Paging SherryLove...

Amethyst

Hi Sherry /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Ihave several questions for you regarding your hair journey. Thanks for your reply.

How long did it take you to grow your hair that long? Did you wear "protective" stlyes until you reached your goal?
As far as your diet is concerned, do you incorporate alot of fruits and vegetables?

SherryLove

/images/graemlins/cool.gifHi, Amethyst,,,,,

I began growing it out from an ear length cut in March of 2000.

No, I did not wear any protective styles.

I consume a lot of fruit in the morning and a lot of green veggies in the evening, all of which are fresh and organic.

Thanks for asking...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

Crysdon

Hi Sherrylove,

What do you think was the one most important step in getting your hair that long (besides genetics)?

iris

Wow Sherry /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

No protective styling? That castor and rosemary oil is quite powerful I see /images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you use any heat styling such as curling irons, flat irons ? If so, how did you protect your hair from drying out?

Iris

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SherryLove said:
/images/graemlins/cool.gifHi, Amethyst,,,,,

I began growing it out from an ear length cut in March of 2000.

No, I did not wear any protective styles.

I consume a lot of fruit in the morning and a lot of green veggies in the evening, all of which are fresh and organic.

Thanks for asking...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi SherryLove,

Three months ago, I just started drinking a blended fruit drink (frozen fruits w/ 100% juices and some coconut milk to sweeten) in the morning and eating a small spinach salad (with broccoli/hearts of romaine/tomotoes/green, red peppers/red onions) with lunch or dinner. It was hard at first since I was never eating properly. But it's a routine now.. EVERY DAY! I'm hoping the frozen fruits are just as effective as fresh fruits

You've said you wrap your hair at night.. but please, please please.. what's your washing routine (the actual wash steps)??

***Laela whipping out the notebook, /images/graemlins/lick.gif pencil with her tongue***

LondonDiva

**feels bad for sherrylove because within an hours or so she's going to be on lockdown in this thread** /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a question (or 4) about your castor oil and rosemary routine.

Were you using any castor oil in particular?

What was the ratio of rosemary oil to castor oil?

Was this applied to the scalp on a daily basis?

Was there a noticeable increase in growth with the use of this mix?

Thanks in advance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Crysdon ---

keeping my scalp clean and moisturized and my ends well moisturized....

SherryLove

Iris---

I never use direct heat on my hair, only indirect heat (hood dryer)...

I wear my hair up in a bun every once in a while.

Oiling my hair and scalp twice a week w/my oil mixture gives my hair and scalp an adequate moisture level content.

SherryLove

Laela

LondonDiva said:
**feels bad for sherrylove because within an hours or so she's going to be on lockdown in this thread** /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YUP! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SherryLove

Hi Laela,,,,

Once a week, my personal stylist uses luke warm water to wash my hair twice with Aubrey Organics JAY or White Camelia shampoos. Each wash lasts about 10 minutes. It really gets the blood in my scalp circulating.....She then rinses my hair with luke warm water, lightly towel dries it, and then massages Aubey Organics Jojoba &amp; Aloe conditioner w/essential fatty acids into it.....

Hi, LD,,,,

I use the Home Health brand of castor oil.. It is cold pressed and cold processed which makes for a superior quality of castor oil.

For every two tablespoons of castor oil, I add 10 drops of rosemary oil.

Actually I noticed faster growth after I added the castor oil to my jojoba &amp; rosemary oil mixture......
I guess it is true that castor oil has scalp stimulating properties...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove
I

SherryLove

My oil mixture is not a secret.....I do not have the exact measurements. The oil mixture has the highest amount of jojoba oil followed by castor and rosemary oils..

SherryLove

Amethyst

If you use no heat, how do you get your hair so beautifully straight then? On your photos your hair was incredibly straight and shiny.
Thanks.

Madison

Im enjoying your interview Sherry /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bought a bottle of Home health castor oil early last year and i still have it. its pretty good and it lasts a long time i got a 160z bottle for 4.00 at http://www.yerbamall.com.

I only stopped using it on my hair a few months ago now im using the black castor oil.

Amethyst

Thanks. I have no relaxer in my hair, but I'm using henna which gives the hair a relaxer effect. I use heat weekly to achieve the styles I want. Even tho' my hair is thick and strong, I'm laying off the weekly use of curling iron and flat-iron heat. For one it's tiring, and two, I want to give these wrap styles and rollersets a try. Look out! Because between you and SweetCocoa, I'm gonna have A WHOLE LOT OF QUESTIONS A COMIN'

Amethyst

Laela

SherryLove said:
then massages Aubey Organics Jojoba &amp; Aloe conditioner w/essential fatty acids into it.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooah.. that shampoo routine sounds very soothing. You must be a very relaxed person, dang! I'm heading this way -------&gt; AubreyOrganics to get that conditioner.

Thanks for sharing, SherryLove!

LondonDiva

OMG there are so many types

I have one at home in a bark brown bottle called West Indian Castor Oil. It's a clear (very light yellow) oil

Amethyst

Hi Sherry,/images/graemlins/wave.gif

What brand of wrapping lotion or creme do you use on your hair? Do you roller-set? If so, what products do you use? Also, do you use any of those cuticle sealing products? You have managed to grow and retain your length w/o the use of protective styling and I was wondering did you use any cuticle sealers, such as the fantasia-line? My girl Tracy is a big fan of it, and like someone said, she should really be the poster child for that product /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Amethyst