Paid 7 dollars to find out what type of hair i have: male

Status
Not open for further replies.

toinette

Tricking the president
The thing about that is rubber bands on the end just takes away from it in my opinion. Also paying for the salon every week would be insane

I dont like rubber bands either so I get that :lol: But I really dont know of a way for your ends to stay braided or twisted. Maybe if you used some hair pudding or styling paste at the ends? as for the salon, this is where you're gonna have to put in work and try and do your hair yourself. If you can't do cornrows, maybe try twists. Those are way easier and there's a million tutorials on YouTube on how to twist hair and do twistouts. I dont think your hair is long enough for all that now but once it grows long enough you can start doing them. in the meantime, you can take the conditioning advice so that your hair is healthy and retains length and moisture. Or find someone in your neighborhood, one of your friend's sister or whatever, and maybe you could pay her to twist your hair.

Speak for yourself....

Oh come on, don't act like loose curls and waves don't get drooled over a little ( a lot) more than other hair types. I'm not speaking for everyone but in general this is what I've seen.
The only other thing that will get that much attention is waist length or longer unstraightened type 4 hair.

hannan

Ok, maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but OP, why don't you just do what you did before the chop to grow out your hair? It worked well.

aasem

toinette said:
I dont like rubber bands either so I get that :lol: But I really dont know of a way for your ends to stay braided or twisted. Maybe if you used some hair pudding or styling paste at the ends? as for the salon, this is where you're gonna have to put in work and try and do your hair yourself. If you can't do cornrows, maybe try twists. Those are way easier and there's a million tutorials on YouTube on how to twist hair and do twistouts. I dont think your hair is long enough for all that now but once it grows long enough you can start doing them. in the meantime, you can take the conditioning advice so that your hair is healthy and retains length and moisture. Or find someone in your neighborhood, one of your friend's sister or whatever, and maybe you could pay her to twist your hair.

Are twists doable with my hair?

aasem

hannan said:
Ok, maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but OP, why don't you just do what you did before the chop to grow out your hair? It worked well.

The way I see it is like this, if I did well by accident imagine what I could do with knowledge and trying?

diadall

Aasem,

I think its time you start venturing to some of the other threads on products and styles. That is where the real learning is. I think you have learned all you can in this thread.

There are some challenge threads for growing hair and they offer products and techniques. Just go to Hair Discussion section and view the topics.

hannan

The way I see it is like this, if I did well by accident imagine what I could do with knowledge and trying?

I see :lol:. Did it take you long?

I say keep doing what toinette is saying. She's offering some solid advice. Your hair is too short now to really do any styling to it, so just focus on shampooing less often and conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. Maybe shampoo 1-2x a week and condition/moisturize every day.

aasem

diadall said:
Aasem,

I think its time you start venturing to some of the other threads on products and styles. That is where the real learning is. I think you have learned all you can in this thread.

There are some challenge threads for growing hair and they offer products and techniques. Just go to Hair Discussion section and view the topics.

I think you're right it has gotten out of hand.

Orchid1992

well since he looks like god more like easter sunday :look:

toinette

Tricking the president
Are twists doable with my hair?

they are, the real question is how much definition you are going to get once you take them out. If you do them on damp/wet hair I dont see why they wouldnt take. The ladies who are relaxed bone straight or near bone straight are still able to wear twistouts so I dont see why you couldnt. There's tons of info here on the board as well as on YouTube so you'll be fine

HanaKuroi

Platinum said:
Example of side eyes:

A side eye is the look that someone gives you when they don't believe you.

I am crying. Aunt Esther though! Rofl

Cough cough y'all got my throat hurting. I am trying to laugh quietly. Dang!

aasem

toinette said:
they are, the real question is how much definition you are going to get once you take them out. If you do them on damp/wet hair I dont see why they wouldnt take. The ladies who are relaxed bone straight or near bone straight are still able to wear twistouts so I dont see why you couldnt. There's tons of info here on the board as well as on YouTube so you'll be fine

This is definitely something to consider. I thought I was doomed. But I need to find out what they look like now

hair4today

OP, welcome to the forum. LHCF is a great place to learn about hair health if you stick around. It will take about a few weeks to get the lingo and for things to become clear but once you do, you'll become your own expert at managing your own hair which is so rewarding. In addition to this site, youtube and naturally curly as suggested earlier, I also recommend reading up on the Tightly Curly method. Its authored by a woman with similar hair texture as yours who mastered the use of conditioner to have unbelievable, long, gorgeous curly locks. Here is the link if you're interested in learning more about this method...http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

BostonMaria

Oh man you guys are mean as hayle

@aasem go to CVS and buy yourself a $1 bottle of Suave Coconut conditioner. Best dollar you've ever spent. Don't ever shampoo your hair and not use conditioner. That's the worst thing you could do to your hair.

I think that once you start using conditioners you will have an easier time with your hair. Maybe keep it at your shoulders. I have long hair too and its ALOT of work so maybe you shouldn't grow it out so long. Just my 2 cents. Hope you stick around. Not everyone on this forum is mean LOL

PS - keep yourself safe. You mentioned working at a cellphone store. Please don't give out too much personal info on this site. TRUST ME on this one. The "thirsty" ladies are the least of your worries --> http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=495430

Last edited:

Natty_Virgo

Some good advice in here, conditioner is the way to go. Beautiful hair btw

My stomach hurts from Pook and her damn gifs.

jazzybklyn

Smtttt I just read all these pages and all I can do is smh. Some of ya'll are really being rude for no reason. It's not that serious -_- some people said he's cute so what. Whats the problem? Sheesh! And why would it be fake? Even if it is so what. Like someone mentioned this is messy .....Anyway OP (idek what this means lol) I think your hair can stay in braids with a little hold like olive oil edge control or something with that texture. Yea u definitely should condition and moisturize. Maybe something water based. And you can probably just leave it wild until its long enough to braid

Last edited:

aasem

hair4today said:
OP, welcome to the forum. LHCF is a great place to learn about hair health if you stick around. It will take about a few weeks to get the lingo and for things to become clear but once you do, you'll become your own expert at managing your own hair which is so rewarding. In addition to this site, youtube and naturally curly as suggested earlier, I also recommend reading up on the Tightly Curly method. Its authored by a woman with similar hair texture as yours who mastered the use of conditioner to have unbelievable, long, gorgeous curly locks. Here is the link if you're interested in learning more about this method...http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

This is worth a try. I would actually brush it with a wig brush when dry for a puffy effect before I put it in a ponytail.

Anakinsmomma

aasem said:
I googled hair forums. I was desperate in finding out how to treat and style it because I don't feel like myself with short hair. I was considering just getting a reggae perm and dreadlocks this time around. Also to the how did I treat it question, I didn't I didn't even use conditioner just shampoo

aasem.... Start with a good conditioner and use it at least twice a week. Are you adverse to heavy floral scents? I swear by Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (you can get I at Whole Foods or VitaminShoppe) but it has a very strong floral scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.