Pandora's homemade Caruso system??

Integrity

Pandora\'s homemade Caruso system??

/images/graemlins/grin.gif just had a crazy idea for homemade caruso system.

get a shallow pool of water in a medium or large saucepan and bring to boil. get those sponge rollers that you put away cos people said they dry out our hair and put them all in a large enough colander. put the colander containing the rollers on the saucepan to sit on top. turn up the heat so the water boils fast and the steam rises.(i am not sure if the colander should be covered but i will try both ways and see which is better) the idea is for the rollers to trap the steam from the boiling water so they heat up! take out the steamed rollers and use them as you would a caruso! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

it is important that not too much water is used and left to boil over the rollers for a long time or the rollers may become drenched and wet.

am gonna try this out sometime. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

sweetcocoa

Re: Pandora\'s homemade Caruso system??

I love resourcful people...cause I'm one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I always say where there's a will there's a way... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Are we being Thrifty or what.

I mean I'm cheap Pandora, but um, well. Can we say Ghetto. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'm just kiddin, keep that mind workin girl.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

**goin to see how many old rollers I have**

/images/graemlins/look.gif

Integrity

/images/graemlins/grin.gif not being thrifty at all. why buy t when you can make it yourself. i also remember someone say here that although they saw the caruso in the shops for 18 dollars they did not buy it cos they were not sure it would work on their hair. what better way to check!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

This Is True /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThursdayGirl

I think the main difference between Caruso curlers and regular curlers is that the Caruso curlers have a wax core which helps hold the heat a little longer... and thus helps set the curl..... Pandora you were thinkin' though, you go gurl! (I think we have an intentor on the board, ladies!) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

awww, i gues it was too good to be true. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kasey

I think that your idea is very creative Pandora. Keep those ideas flowing. You just make "build a better mousetrap."

adrienne0914

see, i think it could work. i just don't have any sponge rollers to try it out. plus aren't those rollers mostly small? i'd be concerned about getting shirley temple curls. i think it could work though myself!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

CynamonKis

Now that you are on the subject of Caruso has anyone (natural hair) figured out how to keep them from making your hair look all frizzy -- that's the biggest gripe I have with the caruso curlers...I don't get the "sleek" look that I get with magnetics...

hairfanatic

Pandora,

That's an excellent idea! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's easy, and doesn't cost much to try it.

VALLEYGIRL

see I think it could work too!!!
I didn't know the Carusos had an inner core though. I thought it was all steam.
Try it Pandora!!! Tell us how it turns out. I think it might just work.
I would but I have everything except the colander. Plus my hair is curly this week.

Just like Sweetcocoa I also love resourceful people.

Integrity

wow the support has been incredible. thanks to y'all! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pebbles

It really is a great idea. Thanks Pandora! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TwistNMx

I always thought as I was told that sponge rollers pull out the hair like rubberbands.

karezone

If you are not sure, buy it at Walmart use it and return it if you don't like it (ghetto!) I work at a Walmart and you would be surprised at the number of these things that we get back. And they all give the same reason. It doesn't get hot enough.

Peachtree

Hey Pandora

Girl, this is tooo funny to me
! We think alike
. Check this out... I have created my own "home made steamer" too, & I used it a lot to steam my sponge rollers prior to a braid out. This was when my last Caruso died on me. (Now I just apply my sponge roller to my Caruso to steam it). I sometimes use it now when I loan my Caruso to my mom.

Girlfriend, well, I have news for u.... IT WORKS
!!! VERY WELL INDEED!!!

Mine is exactly like yours, except I have 2 additional parts... 1) I use a funnel to "diffuse" the steam into the middle of the sponge roller, & 2) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT...I wrap aluminum foil around the outside of the collander to "trap" in the steam. Otherwise, the steam will rise & diffuse through the side lil openings in the collander. I also cover with aluminum foil.

Oh, another thing, I LOVE SPONGE ROLLERS
. I have "perfected" them to work for me. I apply a bit of oil all around the outside. This lil trick keeps the roller from absorbing the moisture in my hair

Sweetheart, check out my album... I even took pics of my steamer. It's in the first album, titled "Accessories".

Much luv,
Peachtree

Integrity

wow peachtree, i have been too busy to try it out but soooo glad it works! yes, great minds do think alike

Peachtree

Hey Pandora, give it a try girl. U'll be amazed at how effective it is

Sweetcocoa, thanks hon