paraben free hair strengthener help!!

lolacurl

Hey Y'all,

My new stylist recommended MIZANI H20 as a daily treatment. I love it, but it is full of parabens, which are very high up on the list of ingredients. I really like the strenthening effect, but the parabens are far too dangerous healthwise, to use regularly.

Does anybody have any suggestions for paraben-free and/or all natural stuff that will both moisturize and strengthen the hair? I've been thinking of doing a coconut oil/shea butter/glycerin mix.

Thanks for your help!!!

~lola~

I have been using an organic Indian oil by Vadik Herbs called Brahmi Amla Oil. It is mineral-oil free and paraben free. I have been using this oil for 2 months now and it lives up to its claims. It says that the brahmi helps to strengthen and add body to the hair and the amla acts as a conditioner to nourish the hair.

Since I have been using this oil, there has been no need for me to put conditioner in my hair. It says to leave in over night and wash out in the morning but I don't wash it out because it leaves my hair so shiny and silky feeling that I don't want to wash it out until my hair washing day arrives.

I have to warn you though, the smell is kind of strong and in the beginning I felt the need to add essential oils to it to make the fragrance milder but I no longer do that because my noise has adjusted to the natural fragrance of this oil. Some people say this oil makes their hair darker but I have not experienced that.

Add an egg yolk to your conditioner when you deep condition. Don't use heat, just let it sit on your hair for a couple of hours.

Back