People with Tangles and/or Who Need More Moisture....

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,

I know Keracare has been all over the boards lately but I had to give it it's props.

I used Keracare a few mos ago and it must have been old because the conditioner was all runny, it felt like milk going in my hair. It didn't do nothing for it. :perplexed But I kept reading how so many people here like keracare so I thought I should give it a try since I have been having problems. So if you check the forum a few days ago you will read that I had a serious problem with protein overload and tangles (since I just started texlaxing).

So my sis let me borrow her Kercare 1st Lather Shampoo, Detangling Poo, and Humecto conditioner. I just used it tonight and my hair LOVES this stuff. I was actually looking for a replacement for my Aveda DR because it is so expensive.

Tangles? Oh, not today. :eek: The shampoo zapped those tangles out like nobody's business. Dryness? Not today again, :eek: my hair was so soft and moisturized I didn't know what to do. I added my leave-in and some coconut oil and serum and put on my scarf. This stuff is def. staples for me. I will be buying the shampoos and Humecto and only continuing to buy my Aveda DR treatment (I NEED this stuff).

I just thought I would let you ladies who are suffering from tangles/dryness know that there is help. I am a 4a/b and this stuff seriously works for me.

I want to get the leave-in too but I am kinda satisfied with my leave-in's so I will still ponder on those. Anyways, Keracare gets two thumbs up from me!:p

Mizani I recently purchased Keracare products as well due to the reviews here. I finally found a BSS that carries most of the products (except the Humecto in the 51b tub). I'm gonna try it for the next 30 days and reserve judgement until then. All I need to get now is the leave in. I'm glad you found something to help out with your hair problems.

I've tried using the Humecto in the bottle twice, and it made my hair dry and stiff, so i slapped so humectress on top if it and called it a day. My bottle was really runny, it wasn't as rich as i thought it would be, and MizaniMami said it was kind of milky. But for some reason I'm still a believer and I'll try the one in the tub.

I can't wait to try this stuff with my next paycheck but I'm treading the expense!

Do any of you order on-line and if so can give a good web-site recommendation?

Thanks.;)

alonshaw said:
I've tried using the Humecto in the bottle twice, and it made my hair dry and stiff, so i slapped so humectress on top if it and called it a day. My bottle was really runny, it wasn't as rich as i thought it would be, and MizaniMami said it was kind of milky. But for some reason I'm still a believer and I'll try the one in the tub.

the one in the tub is a lot better. it is a lot thicker and not so milky....you can order from http://www.sheldeez.com/webcart10/webcart.php?RCATS=Kera+Care

ive been thinking of making keracare a staple, but once im done with all these products i have :)

Ok, I'm reading way too many product review threads lately...I'm crawling back under my rock!!

My PJ-ism is stirring...:(

I've been thinking of trying Keracare for weeks---I think I will try it after what I have is gone too.

Alright! i'm sold. i have 4b/a hair and i texlax too. My hair has been dry, brittle and tangled lately.

Can someone tell me approx how much this stuff costs?

~Dsylla

DSylla said:
Alright! i'm sold. i have 4b/a hair and i texlax too. My hair has been dry, brittle and tangled lately.

Can someone tell me approx how much this stuff costs?

~Dsylla

Not much the two shampoos cost around 8 bucks a peice and the humecto was about 10 bucks.

I sooooo wanted to believe in the 'Keracare hype', but i have tried the detangling poo and the humecto in the bottle. the humecto was too runny and took a backseat to humectress. and the detangling poo was aiight but it took a backseat to CON.... soooo if i ever hit the lottery and got money to waste, i will buy the humecto in the tub and i'll also try all of their oils and leave-ins which i hear is great...:ohwell:

I hear ya- the humecto in the tub is better.

Id really recommend to anyone trying the frist lather, hydrating shampoo and conditioner (in the tub if possible). The first lather clarifies and really allows you to see the benefits of hydrating shampoo and Humecto. It was this combo that sold me:)

I use the first later and it's great at really getting all the build up of products off the hair. I love it. I haven't tried the other shampoo's or conditioners. I might try them once I use of some of this other stuff I have.

I am a PJ too. I just picked up two bit bottles of Kenra, (on sale at trade secret this month), The Victoria Secret Very Sexy conditioners I have heard so much about, and I still haven't used my Elucennce at all. So I have lots of stuff to try out right now.

Last edited:
macherieamour said:

Id really recommend to anyone trying the frist lather, hydrating shampoo and conditioner (in the tub if possible). The first lather clarifies and really allows you to see the benefits of hydrating shampoo and Humecto. It was this combo that sold me:)

Do you use the leave-in? I just bought the oils and the set this weekend (they didn't have the leave-in0 and I am in love. My hair is so soft and moisturized.

I like the leave-in. Its creamy and moisturizing:) That being said, its a lot of money for a little bottle. If you have a leave-in you like, id say stay with that. But if you are looking for something new, then i think ull like it.

please, please tell me that you can get some decent humecto in the bottle, I really need a good conditioner and I'm holding out all hope for this stuff. But I cannot afford the tub right now. Maybe I should just try Humectress again...nothing seems to really work on my hair as far as a good conditioner goes.

jackie1277 said:
please, please tell me that you can get some decent humecto in the bottle, I really need a good conditioner and I'm holding out all hope for this stuff. But I cannot afford the tub right now. Maybe I should just try Humectress again...nothing seems to really work on my hair as far as a good conditioner goes.

I have never tried tried the Humecto in the tub but a lot of people say it's thicker and "better." *MY* personal opinion about this is, it is only thicker because it has a higher content or preservatives/thickeners to help preserve it because it is so much and to also help it from literally running out of the tub. I honestly think it serves the same purpose and it is the same as far as moisturizing but just thicker. But I have never tried the one in the tub, so I guess I am not qualified to say this...

The Humecto in the bottle in definitely runny, but I've had good results with it. Not as good as the Humecto in the tub, but it can be moisturizing depending on the condition of your hair. When my hair is REALLY dry, only the tub will work. The bottle is still better than a lot of other conditioners, for me.

I was a huge humecto fan then it turned on me. I may clarify and try it again...I still have a bottle in the back of my hair stash. I really want to try the one in the tub. I wasn't impressed with the hydrating shampoo though. I've used better.

macherieamour said:

Id really recommend to anyone trying the frist lather, hydrating shampoo and conditioner (in the tub if possible).
The first lather clarifies and really allows you to see the benefits of hydrating shampoo and Humecto. It was this combo that sold me:)
I'm thinking of replacing the Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo (which is what I use first followed by the hydrating shampoo) with the first lather since I use the Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner to control my itchies. I need something for builup since I started using Meg-Tek. When I reorder I'll give it a try. And I'll also try the humecto in the tub next time instead of the bottle. I love the Keracare line. The longer I use it the better my hair responds to it.
Thanks

Last edited:
I've been wanting to make Keracare one of my staples but I can't access the tub of Humecto anywhere except online. I don't want to pay for shipping:( Maybe I'll just go ahead and get the bottle. My hair has begun to tangle and knot lately. I think I'm stretching too long.

Back