perming your color and aveda question

bellezanegra826

I know you are not supposed to perm your color but I just got demi permanent hair dye put in my hair on wednesday at aveda. I would like to know how soon after demi permanent hair dye can I get a perm? What are the dangers of putting perm on after color? I did some research but all I found was that getting a perm can lighten the color. Also does any one who goes to an aveda salon know what products they use for their hair and scalp renewal treatments? I asked the girl what the treatment was and she said that it was a moisturizing treatment but she didn't tell what product it was exactly.

hothair

With a demi-perm i think you would be ok perming (I assume you mean with a straightening relaxer) after 2 weeks, just be sure to neutralise and DC as usual :)

On the Aveda no idea u should ask her exactly the product name she could have lost commission from a sale:rolleyes:

bellezanegra826

With a demi-perm i think you would be ok perming (I assume you mean with a straightening relaxer) after 2 weeks, just be sure to neutralise and DC as usual :)

On the Aveda no idea u should ask her exactly the product name she could have lost commission from a sale:rolleyes:

well i go to the Aveda school so I don't think they get commission on sales. I think their goal is to make sure you come in and get them to do your services so that they can get their grades rather than let you buy things and do your own hair

Kari107

I'm not sure how soon you can perm your hair but the general rule on color and perm is you color a perm. The perm over the color might cause you color to significantly lighten. How was the color? I've been tempted to get my hair colored with a demi at aveda.

bellezanegra826

I'm not sure how soon you can perm your hair but the general rule on color and perm is you color a perm. The perm over the color might cause you color to significantly lighten. How was the color? I've been tempted to get my hair colored with a demi at aveda.

the color is wonderful! my hair was a bunch of different colors due to home experiments gone wrong. my hair was also very very dull but after getting the color my hair was super shiny. i haven't put any oil on my hair yet but my hair is still super shiny and healthy looking, which is something that i haven't seen in a long time