Phyto II vs. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer

kitkat3ny

Hi,

I could use some advise. I've been straightening my hair at home w/ Phyto II for about a year now. I really love it, but I don't love the price.

My question is for those who've tried Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer is it a very strong relaxer? I'm not very experienenced in relaxing my hair and feel comfortable w/ the strength level of Phyto II. I guess i'm kinda scared to experiment w/ any other relaxer and have my hair fall out but damn $60 for a container of Phyto? It's killling my wallet.

sareca

I know what you mean about loving Phyto but hatin' the price. There is a site online that sells it for $48, but that's still not $4 or whatever the local BBS sells relaxers for. If you try it be sure to let us know how it compares.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I've used both. I was impressed with Organic Root Stimulator , but I had better results with phyto. With phyto my hair was had more swing, sheen, and was much more moisturized, and stronger. I've decided to relax twice a year so the price isn't a issue. I would say stick with Phyto.

Arcadian

kitkat3ny said:
Hi,

I could use some advise. I've been straightening my hair at home w/ Phyto II for about a year now. I really love it, but I don't love the price.

My question is for those who've tried Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer is it a very strong relaxer? I'm not very experienenced in relaxing my hair and feel comfortable w/ the strength level of Phyto II. I guess i'm kinda scared to experiment w/ any other relaxer and have my hair fall out but damn $60 for a container of Phyto? It's killling my wallet.

A lot of ladies here really love ORS relaxer. I think its worth a shot, you may want to try it and see (sometimes you just have to take the plunge!)

Here's how I justify my use of phyto, besides me liking what it does to my hair after each use;

Relaxer Cost: $48.00 from Polly & Co (plus shipping)

My demi color: $5.00 per use and I get 4 uses for 2 tubes.

Deep conditioner: $3.00 per use. Thats me using what I normally use anyway, an ors pack plus a few other goodies.

I already pay for lights and water, and I use more taking a shower than I do for doing my relaxers.

I search and destroy on my own and the scissors have more than paid for themselves.

Then I look a what it costs to go to a nice salon...which is about 200 bucks just for a freaking relaxer!:eek:

http://www.olivestextures.com/Content/Services.html

Being that I relax about 3 times a year..oh yea I come out CHEAP when compared to going to a salon.

But do understand where you're coming from cause it would be nice to shave a little off if possible.

So can only say that you should try the ORS to see if you like it, or if see if you can find phyto cheaper elsewhere.

-A

metalkitty

Hey, Kitkat I was wondering the same thing since I have almost a years worth of newgrowth and am not at a point where I want to be natural yet... Which one do you ladies find gentler?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
U guys are good. I couldn't pay 60$ unless I go to a salon.:lol: I have a cousin who loves ORS relaxer. She said it was the most getlest relaxer she ever used and it never burns. Of course she uses a full head relaxer application each time, no matter what I tell her.:ohwell: Her hair still looks in good shape, tho. It may be in our genes, cause my whole family of women do this and still have long hair.:perplexed I will be using this relaxer for touch ups because I use all the ORS product line. High quality in my opinion. HTH.

kitkat3ny

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I've been justifying the cost of Phyto for a while now but...yesterday I was in the BSS and indeed decided to get the ORS but I passed Profectiv Tough Up Relaxer http://www.strengthofnature.com/newproduct.asp and it looked so good I had to pick it up. I plan to relax this Sunday, so i'll report back.

I really hope I've done the correct thing. One interesting thing w/ the Profectiv, is some of the relaxers have a color to it already to it's like you kill two birds w/ one stone, so to speak.

Syrah

Ooooh...the real relaxer stand off.

:::anxiously awaits the results::: ROUND 1!!!

Let me take my natural behind out of this thread before I get tempted all over again. As it was, two weeks ago I was in the BBS and seriously had to separate myself from the ORS no-lye, not because I was necessarily craving a relaxer but because I had heard soooo many beautiful things.... and miss do I miss a roller set.

Arcadian

kitkat3ny said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I've been justifying the cost of Phyto for a while now but...yesterday I was in the BSS and indeed decided to get the ORS but I passed Profectiv Tough Up Relaxer http://www.strengthofnature.com/newproduct.asp and it looked so good I had to pick it up. I plan to relax this Sunday, so i'll report back.

I really hope I've done the correct thing. One interesting thing w/ the Profectiv, is some of the relaxers have a color to it already to it's like you kill two birds w/ one stone, so to speak.

I've tried profective relaxers before and got burned pretty bad. I also have sensitve skin, so someone else who isn't as sensitive may not have had the problems I did. (I burned HORRIBLY around my ears...ARRG!)

The day I put the last phyto in, I totally scratch my head. Was on accident but I was working like a dog, was tired, and OOPS.. my hand was like a magnet for that one spot for most of the day. Amazingly, no burns at all, and didn't burn in that spot when I applied either. I also don't base my scalp (WHAT?:eek: ) yeah I know...lol But I do use the seasme oil around the parameter of my hair (especailly forhead and ears)

I figured if it started to burn I would just rinse a little early. (I actually went a few minuts beyond normal time)

So maybe dumb luck or, phyto is just that gentle. But then again I've never had a burn with phyto ever.

Anway you do have to find whats the best for you. Sure, phyto is expensive, but you know it works well for your hair. At the same time, nothing wrong with shopping around. Its sometimes the only way you'll know if you don't like something. Hope of all hopes that you don't have the problems I had with profective (wouldn't wish that on anybody!)

Definitly let us know how it turns out :)

-A

kitkat3ny

I've never had a burn w/ Phyto either and i'm pretty sensitive as well. Thanks for the warning, i'll make sure to extra carefull when applying the Profectiv.

Anyone else try Profective relaxer?

kitkat3ny

I used the Profectiv new growth last night and my hair came out pretty good. A little underprocessed, but that's what i'm used to w/ the Phyto anyway. I must say though, my hair is a little drier than when I use the Phyto. But for only $5, i'll deal.