Phytophanere

esoterica

Having looked at the ingredients, I think this product is a joke. Its very overpriced considering whats in it.

Serving Size: 2 caplets
Servings Per Container: 90

Amount per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin C 25 mg 40%
Vitamin E 15 mg 45%
Riboflavin (B2) 1.6 mg 94%
Vitamin B6 2 mg 20%
Biotin .15 mcg 50%
Pantothenic acid 6 mg 60%
B-Carotene 158 IU*
Y-Orizanol 5 mg*
Y-Linolenic Acid 13.5 mg*
Eicopentaenoic Acid 2.25 mg*
Docosahexaenoic Acid 1.50mg
It also has Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and CI 73575, CI 73200.
No qualiy supplement would have these ingredients.
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp49919_333181_sespider/phyto/phytophanere.htm

CurleeDST

A duh...hydrogenated oil = trans fat....gotcha!

I missed that one.

asphyxxia said:
Here is some information on hydrogenated oils:
http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/conditioncardio/135/
http://www.bantransfats.com/abouttransfat.html

As for the colorants, all decent supplement manufacturers will never use colors in their products.
They could be petrochemical derived for all we know.

Try Solgar or Life Extension Foundation if you want good supplements.
http://www.iherb.com sells all these brands plus many more.

L

lkg4healthyhair

CurleeDST said:
Hi there - anyone take these pills to help facilitate hair growth?

It does say that it helps facialitate growth

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P2884
Phytophanere Dietary Supplement - Hair & Nails

Phytophanère is a dietary supplement for lifeless hair and weak, brittle nails. Super nutrients like carotene, wheat germ oil, and brewer's yeast nourish, protect, and help maintain healthy hair and build strong nails.

Victorian

old head
I've never used these, but I have to say that's a whole lot of money for vitamins that hardly have anything in them. If you're okay with something in that price range I would suggest Skin Eternal Plus by Source Naturals If you buy them on-line you'll get them way cheaper than retail (which is about $40 per month--you can get them for about half of that on-line).
I wasn't measuring hair growth rate at the time I was taking them so I can't comment on that, but I do know my skin and nails were flawless, and it is chocked full of stuff so you don't really need to take anythng else. It is iron-free, though, so if you need iron you'll need to take a separate supplement.
I can't afford them right now but as soon as I can I am SO going to start them up again :yep:

esoterica

Mija said:
I've used phytopanere and it's nothing to write home about:(.
you're right. the only thing these pills have going for them is the brand name. there is no other logical reason for buying them.

CurleeDST

I have used them for the past two months and I have realized nice steady growth. About 1.5 inches in 2 months which is ok but not like 3 inches in 3 weeks as some of interestingly enough claimed. I just do not believe anything can accomplish that feat.

They were easy to swallow and I actually saw nearly instant results with my nails. For instance if I forgot to take some one day I would double up the next day, well 2 days later there would be noticeable growth in my nails (hands and feet) so that is proof to me they definitely work, at least for nails.

Mija

Exotical OG
CurleeDST said:
Did you see any significant difference in hair or nail growth while taking the pills?

I'm sorry I didn't see your question until today- nope I didn't see any difference with the phytopanere supplements:(.

CurleeDST

Did you purchase Skin Eternal or Lustre specified for hair, nails and skin?

BlackCardinal said:
I've never used these, but I have to say that's a whole lot of money for vitamins that hardly have anything in them. If you're okay with something in that price range I would suggest Skin Eternal Plus by Source Naturals If you buy them on-line you'll get them way cheaper than retail (which is about $40 per month--you can get them for about half of that on-line).
I wasn't measuring hair growth rate at the time I was taking them so I can't comment on that, but I do know my skin and nails were flawless, and it is chocked full of stuff so you don't really need to take anythng else. It is iron-free, though, so if you need iron you'll need to take a separate supplement.
I can't afford them right now but as soon as I can I am SO going to start them up again :yep:

bluediamond0829

I think i saw these vitamins in the essence magazine where they were talking to a professional hairdresser and she promoted these vitamins to her clients...are they like a reddish or brownish looking color and are sold for like 48.00...i was trying to decide if i wanted these but i hadnt heard anyone really talking about them...i think hairboutique sells them there...

Victorian

old head
CurleeDST said:
Did you purchase Skin Eternal or Lustre specified for hair, nails and skin?

I'm sorry, I didn't check back in this thread and didn't see your question. I finally ordered some more so I thought I'd bump this up to answer.
I use Skin Eternal *Plus*, which is different from Lustre, and is different also from the regular Skin Eternal supplement. Skin Eternal has only a few ingredients and is very skin specific. Lustre is a more general hair, skin, and nails supplement with ingredients comparable to Futurebiotics, GNC, and other brands that have similar supplements . Skin Eternal Plus, however, has way more in it. It is the most complete beauty supplement I've seen. I started a thread about it a long time ago when I first saw it on the source naturals site, but no one had tried it/heard of it, so I just went out on a limb and tried it myself.
I noticed the nail and skin improvement pretty quickly, but as I mentioned before I wasn't paying particular attention to new growth.
I've ordered some and it was shipped today so I should be getting it soon, although I won't start it until the new year just to make it "official." I'll be watching my hair more closely this time to see what the results are.

I should also mention that I've never finished a bottle in just one month because I don't take the full dosage (4 tablets) every day--I just think some of the nutrient levels are a tad high for extended daily usage. So that may give me different results compared to taking the full dosage each day. I'll probably be taking them on some sort of "regimen" so they last about 6-8 weeks instead of 4. It's cheaper that way too :)

ingredients for SEP

CurleeDST

Yup that is those and that is where I really heard about it too. I took it and didn't notice anything outstanding. I did realize more growth than normal and they were easy to take down but I am looking for something perhaps a bit more potent.

bluediamond0829 said:
I think i saw these vitamins in the essence magazine where they were talking to a professional hairdresser and she promoted these vitamins to her clients...are they like a reddish or brownish looking color and are sold for like 48.00...i was trying to decide if i wanted these but i hadnt heard anyone really talking about them...i think hairboutique sells them there...