Foods for hairgrowth....

gymfreak336

Don't forget the herbs and spices! Turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, fenugreek, rosemary, garlic/onions and basil to name some. Think about it: most regions of the world where the diet is rich in hot and/or spice-laden dishes, the people's hair is thick, lush, glossy and grows long. Add to that the freshness of the food, the protein, and antioxidant properties, etc.

:yep::yep: I guess I need to get back on my jerk chicken :lick:

kiesha8185

I think you're better off drinking whey protein shakes. I have designer whey protein shake and it doesn't have a lot of sugar surprisingly.

For some reason, my body does not do well with protein drinks that need to be mixed, I dunno why. I've tried 4 kinds, including designer whey. It tasted ok, but my body just doesn't agree :nono: And I drink lots of water, so I don't know what the deal is.

Already-made drinks like Nutrament are fine. The only sugar I get are from fruits, so the Nutrament is a gimme, that taste oh-so-good! :drunk:

I've given up on increasing my hair growth and I've accepted the fact that my hair just grows slow :ohwell: The faster growth in my nails was a pleasant surprise. BUT.....if I see any increase in my hair growth rate....that will be CAKE!

AtlantaJJ

Don't forget the herbs and spices! Turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, fenugreek, rosemary, garlic/onions and basil to name some. Think about it: most regions of the world where the diet is rich in hot and/or spice-laden dishes, the people's hair is thick, lush, glossy and grows long. Add to that the freshness of the food, the protein, and antioxidant properties, etc.
This is a great point, those spices stimulate circulation, increase your metabolic rate, and have all types of nutrients in them... I need to start cooking regularly again...:look:

audacity.

man i started not to come into this thread. lol i knew you girls were gonna make me feel bad about not juicing my carrots like i used too. ugh! :) i was doing so well too. anyway, here is my list of what foods i like for hair growth:

carrot juice, eggs, sushi (yummy), salmon, water, lemon juice, garlic, onions...

***off to drink some water and boil some eggs and juice some durn carrots***

How does lemon juice contribute to hair growth?

ekomba

For some reason, my body does not do well with protein drinks that need to be mixed, I dunno why. I've tried 4 kinds, including designer whey. It tasted ok, but my body just doesn't agree :nono: And I drink lots of water, so I don't know what the deal is.

Already-made drinks like Nutrament are fine. The only sugar I get are from fruits, so the Nutrament is a gimme, that taste oh-so-good! :drunk:

I've given up on increasing my hair growth and I've accepted the fact that my hair just grows slow :ohwell: The faster growth in my nails was a pleasant surprise. BUT.....if I see any increase in my hair growth rate....that will be CAKE!

hey Kiesha you could then just take for instance the Twinlab amino fuel its just a teaspoon and i used it a lot for hair growth this with the nature made super b complex just if you do want to take the Designer whey drink which i love though. you could still get the aminos with just the amino fuel there s also a cherry version its just a spoonful and it tastes ok:yep: