Pic of my blowdried hair...

FlawedBeauty

well i just got done washin and blow drying my hair and wanted to share. it's not as straight as it could be cuz i just passed over it once with a flat iron in 4 big sections, not super thin sections like i normally do to get it super straight. i could use a trim of about a half inch or so but I don't plan on trimming until i reach, or am really close, to my next goal of BSL. until then i'm just gonna be doin some light dusting of splits. also...i'm very sorry my mirrors never seem to be clean in my pictures!!! lol

ETA my before pic in April or May '07, can't recall...

Pic026.jpg

February 08
DSC00432.jpg

Last edited:
thanks ladies!

its much thicker when i dont flat iron it to death. normally i take about an hour parting it across in very small sections hittin it with the iron. i didn't do it this time because a. i'm being lazy, and b. although it gets nice and shiny and straight i didn't want that thinned out look.

Your progress is amazing. I can't wait to get there....

Did you grow out before evening out? In other words, did you trim/cut your hair or just let it grow in.

Man, I have the slowest growing hair in the entire world!! I use absolutely NO direct heat, don't wear my hair down, keep my hair moisturized and hydrated; have a fantastic diet; take multivitamins; workout 4 days a week, and drink at least 70 oz of water each day. And yet, my hair is still the same length that it was last year. No improvements.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I admire and applaud you, FlawedBeauty!! :kiss: Your hair has come quite a long way and you have achieved so much. Congratulations to you, girl. Your hair is FANTASTIC!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

*SP running to FB's Fotki to peep her reggie* :sekret:

thanks!

i kept trimming the longer side over time as i couldnt bear to cut so much of my hair off even if it was jacked up like that lol!! i did not however wear it out ever cuz that would just be wrong lol.

Your progress is amazing. I can't wait to get there....

Did you grow out before evening out? In other words, did you trim/cut your hair or just let it grow in.

thanks so much!! :)

unfortunately i don't have a fotki but my regimine is so simple.

wash almost daily, use amla oil after the wash, make one braid, clip up, cover with scarf and that is all. i will also DC 2 or 3x/wk with ORS.

do you wash your hair often? i found that when i started washing is when my hair really seemed to begin thriving. its not for everyone but i think its working for me as its really good stimulation for my scalp since i dont comb or brush my hair.

Man, I have the slowest growing hair in the entire world!! I use absolutely NO direct heat, don't wear my hair down, keep my hair moisturized and hydrated; have a fantastic diet; take multivitamins; workout 4 days a week, and drink at least 70 oz of water each day. And yet, my hair is still the same length that it was last year. No improvements.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I admire and applaud you, FlawedBeauty!! :kiss: Your hair has come quite a long way and you have achieved so much. Congratulations to you, girl. Your hair is FANTASTIC!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

*SP running to FB's Fotki to peep her reggie* :sekret:

I've thought about co-washing every other day. You and I have similar textures. My hair is extremely fine and delicate so I'm always afraid of the manipulation involved in washing/conditioning often. But this is something that I would like to try more. It's very cold here where I live right now but especially as it gets warmer, I will step up my CW's. You're also on to something with regard to the combing/brushing. Do you wear your hair down after you take down the braid, or do you leave it up? I realized late last year that daily bunning actually caused breakage. So I have decided to do various protective styling. I do not use ANY direct heat at all. I don't even own a curling iron anymore.

Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations again! Your hair is fabulous. I'm glad you gave up the Stinky Stuff, a.k.a., MTG. Do you use any growth aids? Just curious...

thanks so much!! :)

unfortunately i don't have a fotki but my regimine is so simple.

wash almost daily, use amla oil after the wash, make one braid, clip up, cover with scarf and that is all. i will also DC 2 or 3x/wk with ORS.

do you wash your hair often? i found that when i started washing is when my hair really seemed to begin thriving. its not for everyone but i think its working for me as its really good stimulation for my scalp since i dont comb or brush my hair.

i leave my hair up in the braid when i get up in the morning and take off my scarf. i don't do anything to it at all, i mean nothin lol. i wash with poo and conditioner each time i wash. i dont use anythng other than the oil, and my elucence poo and condish. no growth aids, vitamins, nothing and my diet is crap lol! so that is why i don't really think all that stuff is necessary for good growth. don't get me wrong, when i first joined i was hoppin on every bandwagon i could lol. but simple really is better for me.

i don't manipulate my hair much at all when i wash. i kinda just slap on the poo and smush it down so i can feel my scalp get cold so i know its reached my scalp. then i just kinda press down on my head a few times to make sure it gets in there. as for the length i put the shampoo/condish in my hand and just hold my hair in one hand gently to make a pony tail. with the product in the other hand just smooth it down the lenth of the pony. then gently go down the pony squeezing the poo/condish into it about two or 3 times. i never try to run my fingers through it to detangle it. i will only do that once or twice a month when i blow/flat iron it. i do it after i get out of the shower and i towel dry, i use a big shower comb for this. after i fully detangle it i use a blow dryer with the comb to get it straight but am sure to be very gentle.

I've thought about co-washing every other day. You and I have similar textures. My hair is extremely fine and delicate so I'm always afraid of the manipulation involved in washing/conditioning often. But this is something that I would like to try more. It's very cold here where I live right now but especially as it gets warmer, I will step up my CW's. You're also on to something with regard to the combing/brushing. Do you wear your hair down after you take down the braid, or do you leave it up? I realized late last year that daily bunning actually caused breakage. So I have decided to do various protective styling. I do not use ANY direct heat at all. I don't even own a curling iron anymore.

Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations again! Your hair is fabulous. I'm glad you gave up the Stinky Stuff, a.k.a., MTG. Do you use any growth aids? Just curious...

Your hair has done a complete 180, FB. I love looking at your progress pics.

Great job, girlie!

Back