Pics - If I'm gonna Tell It, I Gotta Tell It All

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
99% of my pictures from getting my touch up are pure crap. The stylist bumped my hair under pretty tight so all the pics at the salon look really short.

There's good news and bad news.

Here's the good news with as little back fat as possible.
p815000911.jpg

I have my head tilted forward and am pulling my bra downward in the back and there's still hair over the bra strap, but I'm not going to claim it until the entire strap is covered.

My hair has never been this long before, so thank you LHCF.
~~~~~~~~~

Here's the bad news.
p8150012.jpg

I've got breakage around the sides and back from wearing my buns and ponytails too high up and probably too tight as well. If I brush the broken parts upward, they stop just short of the ponytail holder. I got lazy this time around and would sleep with my hair pulled tightly in a ponytail to keep it flat and this is where it got me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The plan going forward is to do updo's and play around with hair accesories outside of my normal 'ouchless bands'. And NO MORE SLEEPING WITH MY HAIR PULLED TAUT!

I'm embarrassed by this update because I realize the damage was completely avoidable. But it reminds me that my head = my responsibility and what happens when I start slippin.

Let this be a cautionary tale of what not to do.

Last edited:
I'm learning too and had to change up my entire regimen and style because of excessive breakage.:wallbash:

Thanks for the update. :grin:

Congrats on your progress and sorry about your minor setback...

HAve fun with the new hairstyles you try. There are so many updos you can do without pulling your hair tight... also braidouts/twistouts - your hair must look amazing in them, you have so much hair!!!

ITA with the other ladies. You're hair is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your setback. If you said your broken hairs are almost touching your pony tail holder, this little "inconveinence" won't you long to grow out.

Keep it up, girl. :grin:

Thank you for sharing your story. Your hair is so full, I love it.
I am also changing my hair regimen because I am experiencing excessive tangling at this stage in my transition and I still have a year and a half left to go.

Your hair is still very pretty!
Have u tried using the bear claw clips or the goody clips that have the stay put band inside them. I use both and do not get any breakage.
They also keep my hair in tact all day! hth.

Last edited:
Girl even with your hair curled tight I could tell that it was growing and nearing BSL. It is beautiful and thick.

Something about lazy summer days that causes us to get hair lazy. At least you know what you did and are working to fix it.

Congrats on your progress! :grin: Even with your little setback, your hair will be back on track in no time! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing your progress and the story! At least you know what to do to prevent any further setbacks. Your hair looks so nice and healthy. Keep up the good work!

I am sorry about the set-back, but you still have beautiful hair! Now, you'll know what to do differently.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about, imo. Despite the breakage, your hair looks to be in very good condition.

Also, I think it's great you've highlighted this issue. I know for me personally it's hard to even admit to myself that I've messed up with my hair, let alone make a thread about it. :lol: You're braver than me.

Forget the backfat! - I see none.

Your growth is AWESOME!

Yes I am like you breakage. For 2 weeks in a row I have been using Dudley DRC- **Thank You Gym Freak*** so far so good.

Again congratulations.

I also had breakage in the back and sides of my hair from wearing ponytails while stretching. No more ponytails for me! You hair is still gorgeous and thick! :yep:

You have STILL achieved growth! So, dust yourself off and go do what you gotta do!
I look forward to your next update.

JC congrats!! your hair is getting soo long!
im confused...why are u pulling your hair in ponytail to keep it flat? u can get the same effect pulling in a ponytail, wrapping scarf over, tying,.. then sliding the ponytail holder off, avoiding the side breakage.

Sorry about the setback, that's for sharing your update. Your hair is still very thick, long and beautiful. Enjoy.

Your hair is still exceptionally beautiful. Thanks, however, for sharing this. Sometimes, we only see the growth and are not reminded that we can't really afford to let down our guard when it comes to treating our hair like fine silk at all times. I forgot and got lazy years ago when I was natural and slept with nothing protecting my hair. My crown and back were both 6-7 inches. My sides? 2-3 inches. It was a mess.

I pray your lovely hair grows back quickly and that you're not discouraged.

Again, thanks for sharing! :yep:

cj

First of all, your hair is beautiful! You'll recover from your setback in no time.

Thanks for your candid post. I know I've had to switch up my protective styles (particularly at night) because they were putting too much stress on the nape of my hair. The damage happens so gradually that it's almost imperceptible--at first.

Back