Pics**So I have reached the ultimate level of Bootleg..Made a wig!

BrockStar

So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!

Last edited:

Bint Yusef

Girl this is so funny and creative! I know thats right, get it done anyway you can.:lachen: It looks good! I only see a small bit of your hair, because of the change of color.

hotshot

I am beyond impressed. It looks real. (Like real hair, not a real wig.)

Now you gotta make us some.

MizaniLocs

I want onnnnnne!

I'm serious!

I would really pay you to make me one! I always wanted a curly wig!

If you would like to sell some let me know! It's beautiful!

MrsWatson

that is GOOD. I, more than likely, would have screwed that up (big time). You did a good job. I want one!

ravenmerlita

So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!

Looks great!

BrockStar

Ok let's see.I got a netted wig cap and I bought one of those foam heads the put the wigs on (like 2.99) and I got 2 packs of hair, needle and thread. Then I put the cap on the foam head and first I sewd a track along the bottom which would be the back(not too tight b/c the cap needs to be able to stretch), but along the perimeter(about to where your ears would be. Then sew tracks across about 1/2 inch apart working your way up. You have to lift it a little of the head, but it's not too difficult or anything. I double knotted the ends when I finished sewing on each track. Then when you get to the top, sew the hair along the perimeter here as well going to about your ears as well. Make sure it doesn't connect with the tracks you sewed on to the bottom(you want the cap to be able to stretch.) Then your done! (You'd do the rest of the process like any regular half wig except you need good bobby pins to hold it on tight)

Aussie

yea i made my own wig too when i went to the BSS and they had a dummy head wit the hair style i wanted. I was gonna sew it on the net cap but got reallllllll lazy lol. So i glued it on the wig cap and put a shower cap underneath so no glue could get on my hair... made it in about an hour. this is the result....

Attachments

• n77401052_30734539_8250.jpg
    n77401052_30734539_8250.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 90

sunshinelady

What are y'all doing with the front? I couldn't figure out how to close the top of the wig.

Plus, anyone notice how much weave glue stinks. :sad:

gymfreak336

yea i made my own wig too when i went to the BSS and they had a dummy head wit the hair style i wanted. I was gonna sew it on the net cap but got reallllllll lazy lol. So i glued it on the wig cap and put a shower cap underneath so no glue could get on my hair... made it in about an hour. this is the result....

Thats cute too!

BrockStar

Good idea!!! What kind of glue? I thought about it but then I was like what if it falls of:lachen:

R

Reslnt1

okay i am officially requesting that you make a youtube tut because this hair looks great!!!!!