Pincurls cured me from missing rollersets! (pics)

Qurlyqt

After going natural, I missed getting dry rollerwraps and having hair that moved. When I would get my hair straightened, it would just seem flat and boring. Well, I got my hair straightened the other day, got a much needed trim, and some large spirals. Instead of the usual wrap, I did pincurls, tied a scarf around my head, and the next morning - voila!

Thanks Southerngirlz for your pincurl instructions!

Attachments

• September - Straightened2.jpg
    September - Straightened2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 202
  • September - PincurlB2.jpg
    September - PincurlB2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 298
I am natural, too. I started pincurling my hair about 3-4 weeks ago and have not looked back since. I love this because I am able to wear my bonnet at night which I have rarely worn.

ETA: I use pincurls to maintain my style. I see that Southerngirl uses it to set a style.

Last edited:
Great Idea! I have this problem too! What are the instructions? Have you tried a rod set. It gives me big spiral curls that last a long time!

ThePrincess725 said:
After going natural, I missed getting dry rollerwraps and having hair that moved. When I would get my hair straightened, it would just seem flat and boring. Well, I got my hair straightened the other day, got a much needed trim, and some large spirals. Instead of the usual wrap, I did pincurls, tied a scarf around my head, and the next morning - voila!

Okay, I tried this same technique last night and mine didn't come out lookin too hot. I co washed last night. I did a rollerset. I sat under the dryer for bout an hour and a 1/2. I didn't wanna wrap my hair, so I pincurled. When I woke up this morning and removed the bobby pins.....can you say H.A.M. :lol: (Hot A$$ Mess)

All I have to say is WOW!!! That's absolutely gorgeous. I, too, love rollersets and knew that I'd miss them endlessly when I go natural. Now I know that when natural, I can still get that fresh rollerwrap look. Your hair just gave me more hope, lol.

e$h said:
Okay, I tried this same technique last night and mine didn't come out lookin too hot. I co washed last night. I did a rollerset. I sat under the dryer for bout an hour and a 1/2. I didn't wanna wrap my hair, so I pincurled. When I woke up this morning and removed the bobby pins.....can you say H.A.M. :lol: (Hot A$$ Mess)

I'm relaxed and my pincurls always come out looking a HAM too! I need to know the secret!

KiniKakes said:
Arent pin curls the best! They make ure hair look great in the morning!

Please give me instructions to what you are doing, because my curls always come out looking crazy the next morning! They always have a crimp from the bobby pin. I even tried it with those silver clips and my curls still looked crazy!

Tell me what you guys are doing right because the curls here look FABULOUS!

ThePrincess725 said:

Now THAT is pretty! Instructions please.... Love hair that moves:lol: .

And Synthia, your hair is gaw'jus!!!! You're an inspiration.

Thanks ladies!

Okay after I had gotten my hair straightened and curled (pic attached), I finger combed so my hair wouldn't look like I had just taken rollers out. That night, I detangled my hair with a large tooth comb then one of those air brushes. I just grabbed hair in sections (about 15), rolled them in flat pin curls, and pinned with those jumbo bobbie pins. I tied a scarf on, went to bed. Next morning I removed the pins, and finger combed. The second night, I reduced the pin curls to 10.

Attachments

• September - SpiralsA2.jpg
    September - SpiralsA2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 86
FAMUDva said:
Please give me instructions to what you are doing, because my curls always come out looking crazy the next morning! They always have a crimp from the bobby pin. I even tried it with those silver clips and my curls still looked crazy!

Tell me what you guys are doing right because the curls here look FABULOUS!

I would love some instructions as well. I'm pretty new to pincurl styles and such so my hair always ends up frizzy and crazy looking. It's hard not to get frustrated.

Somebody needs to tell me where Southerngirlz instructions are for pin curls. I've never tried it but these pics are fierce!!!! I'd love to get this look.

ThePrincess725 said:
Thanks ladies!

Okay after I had gotten my hair straightened and curled (pic attached), I finger combed so my hair wouldn't look like I had just taken rollers out. That night, I detangled my hair with a large tooth comb then one of those air brushes. I just grabbed hair in sections (about 15), rolled them in flat pin curls, and pinned with those jumbo bobbie pins. I tied a scarf on, went to bed. Next morning I removed the pins, and finger combed. The second night, I reduced the pin curls to 10.

:) Thanks for tips ThePrincess725!

OOOOOhhhhh...it's sooo pretty!!! Glad you found something that works for you, that's the best feeling, it's like falling in love with you hair all over again.

Your hair is relly pretty.

Here are my pin curls: They work much better than rollers for my hair.

GREENPASTURES028.jpg

All I am gonna say is you WRONG for this, showing only TWO pictures. I want an album, missy princess!

Back