Pink wanted to see my phonytail in a bun

Cayenne0622

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

I've had a couple of people ask how I get my short hair pulled into a phony pony tail. Even though my hair is just past the nape of my neck, the length from the strands that start at the crown of my head is pretty long...about 8 inches. Only the very bottom (nape) is short - about 2 or 3 inches. Anywho, here are a couple of pics. I take the long ponyt tail hair and twist it and then wrap around the base of the ponytail and pin with hairpins. Its quick and easy.

Thanks that is really cute. I might have to try that since I have discovered that I can pull my short bob into a small pony tail that I can wrap some hair around. My ends are so dry even after I've gotten a trim, I'm almost at my end trying to figure out what to do with them:confused:

Cayenne0622

Thanks! Its so easy and convenient. I just have to make sure I keep myself in check and not end up with breakage from wearing it pulled back so often. I can't wait to reach shoulder length so I can do braid outs and actually look cute with it. lol

Cayenne0622

msshic said:
very pretty! Call me slow but I'm still trying to figure out how to do this? TIA

Its really simple. It may be kind of hard for me to explain. If you have ever used the drawstring ponytails then you know that it has a small hard base at the top of the ponytail where the combs are. The hair hangs down from that piece. When you put your own hair in a ponytail and put the piece over your "real" ponytail the combs secure it in place and you pull the strings to tighten the hair piece. At that point the ponytail hair is just hanging down free. I grab the entire ponytail and twist it from top to bottom. Then I hold the base of the hairpiece with one hand and wrap the twisted ponytail around the base. I secure the twisted piece with hairpins to secure it around the circumference of the base.

Not sure if I made it any clearer, but I hope so.

Cayenne0622

Girl, you are silly. Its okay. I didn't mind. I'm looking at your hair and you surely don't need a phony pony tail. It looks good girl.