PJ ladies-SOS

diamondlady

Since I've been on this forum, I turned into a real Product junkie, I'm embarrassed to say how much money I've spent on stuff for my hair.

Now for the problem. I'm finding product still in my hair after I condition. (I use a different deep conditioner each time) There is so much white sticky product in my hair that I need to re-shampoo. I've just noticed it the last couple of weeks. I can't figure out what product it is. I use a clarifling shampoo every 4 to 6 weeks. Any ideas?

Has anyone tried Carolyn Gray's new "Healthier Hair in a Bottle"? Reviews?

You may want to cut down on the amount of conditioner you put in the hair, rinse the hair out for at LEAST one full minute to remove it or possibly switch to a less heavy conditioner?

Maybe even use your clarifying shampoo more often? esp. if you use alot of styling products too.

I use heavy conditioners and I really slather it on..
crazy.gif
I find that it does take awhile to rinse it all out..At least 1-2 minutes..I also find that I must use a clarifying shampoo at least every other wash if not every wash..I use A LOT of moisturizer during the week, I do a hot oil treatment every wash and I moisturize my scalp as well, so it tends to build up and decreases the effectiveness of my products..I would use a gentle clarifying shampoo like Dax Vegetable Oil Shampoo (and I'm sure there are some others that people like i.e. Pantene's clarifying..)HTH

BEWARE OF OVERKILL!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Too much at once all the time is self defeating it you want your hair to be healthy. Dilute shampoo, condition consistently but wisely. These products will not make your hair grow.
wink.gif
They are just helpers or assistants to keep it from drying out and breaking.
wink.gif
However, overload can create problems with brittleness, dryness, shedding and breakage! Bonjour.

try an ACV rinse after shampooing and before conditioning. I use 1 capful to 1 quart of water every now and then. I do not use clarifying shampoos so this gelps me prevent horrible buildup.

I used scurl activator and while it was a mostly positive experience (i've decided to give it another whirl because nothing has moisturized my hair 1/2 as good) i used to get horrible buildup. buildup can open the door to a whole bunch of problems...

I have to moisturize my hair everyday, once at night and once in the morning. It's because I sweat at work. I think it has something to do with the stuff in the air at work(factory worker). Sometimes I feel that if I wash my hair it tends to dry out and I have to over do it with it the moisturizer. This week I've decided that since I have to moisturize twice a day, I'm not going to over do it. I will wet my ends with distilled water and put the v05 detangle and and shine lightweight conditioner because my ends tend to get tangled and crazy. I will also mist my hair with distilled water/olive oil. Of course I have my carrot oil, curl activtors, and mango butter. I will just use one each week. My problem is that if something doesn't work , ill try this and that, which is something I have to curb.

Keeshes

Back