Plastic Pins

thiccknlong

Have you ever thought about the damage the metal pins used for roller setting may cause to your hair ?

They become ' fire ' hot and lays directly on your hair. So hot, that when they mistakenly hits your ear or skin, you are electrified with pain. The indentation in your hair is there because the heat from the hot metal almost permanently (unless heat is used to remove it or you wet your hair) " bends " your hair.

Does anyone know of where I can buy PLASTIC pins that work for roller setting ? I'm not talking about the 4 king kong pins they have in a package. Or the small plastic pins that ' jump ' off the roller the second you put them in. I'm talking plastic pins that mimic the metal pins, just plastic.

Those metal pins has got ta go ! :p

TeeKay21

hmmmmmm.......good point. I don't know of any plastic pins, but wouldn't they melt? I don't know, maybe if they are some king of industrial plastic.

I wanna know the answer to this too!!

Divine Inspiration

They plastic versions of the two-pronged clips...I seem to remember seeing plastic duckbill clips as well. Both of these are available at Sally's.

thiccknlong

Divine Inspiration said:
They plastic versions of the two-pronged clips...I seem to remember seeing plastic duckbill clips as well. Both of these are available at Sally's.

I bought the 2 prong duck bill plastic pins from sallys. Girl , those were the ones I was speaking of. They were popping off before I could get to the next roller. When I took them back , the lady said, they didn't have that extra space underneath the prong are like the metal ones, that allow the pin to grasp and keep the roller.

Bottom line, I bought some from sallys (pastel colors) and they didnt work. Thanks anyway sis