ROLLER PINS

jreagins

SO I ROLLERSET MY HAIR AND I USED SOME ROLLER PINS. THEY LOOK LIKE A HEAVY DUTY EXTRA LONG BOBBY PIN, BUT THE HOLD THEY PROVIDE IS UNBELIEVABLE!

IVE USED THE REGULAR METAL DUCKBILLS IN THE PAST AND THE PLASTIC ONES (NOT MUCH HOLD). WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? WILL THESE EVENTUALLY CAUSE BREAKAGE OR AM I GOOD TO GO?

SmartyPants

I have been using roller pins since I started setting my own hair when I was 13. I swear by them. When the tips come off, replace them because that's the only way you'll get damage.

PatTodd

They are like extra long thick bobby pins.

I use them to hold my pincurls, but for myself I am afraid they would cause breakage in a wet set.

jreagins

long bobby pins to hold the rollers. it looks just like a bobby pin but longer and thicker

Last edited:

jreagins

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...

THESE ARE THE ONE I'D BEEN USING

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i use roller pins. they're much easier to handle than duckbill or bobby pins. if you're worried about breakage, instead of inserting the pin at the bottom of the roller, pin two rollers together.

jreagins

i use roller pins. they're much easier to handle than duckbill or bobby pins. if you're worried about breakage, instead of inserting the pin at the bottom of the roller, pin two rollers together.

That's exactly what I'll do. Never thought of that! Thanks

prospurr4

I always use roller pins for my rollersets. Like legslikewhoa said, I don't insert the pin at the scalp. Instead, I pin two or three rollers together. For me, these are so much easier to use than those metal clips.

jreagins

Hopefully my next rollerset with them will be better, I got busy and couldn't let them dry all the way.