Please Help me provide a Christian perspective

WonderfullyMade

Hello ladies! A couple of weeks ago while looking for something completely unrelated online, I came across a blog that was aimed at the LGBT community. Perhaps it was my curiosity that made me continue reading and my desire to share my point of views that led me to actually post, but I would like to believe that it was the Lord. Since then I've occasionally posted in order to give a differing point of view. While I have made it known that I am a Christian and not supportive of the lifestyle, I have refrained from truly making the discussion about Jesus and God's will for us. Until now!

Today the blogger has posted and actually ASKED for the opinion of those who are against same sex marriage. The question is posed that if the Bible said Heterosexuality was an abomination would we still follow it. Pretty much my answer was a resounding YES! I explained that there are Christians who remain celibate for their lifetimes simply because they never married. I said that if it were truly in your heart to follow God's Word then you would do it at all cost, no matter how you felt about the matter. I reminded them that in the end we will all be judged gay and straight alike.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not as "read up" in the word as many of you ladies of the forum are. So I would like to ask, if this subject matter does not so offend your sensibilities that you could please support my answer and perhaps SUPPLEMENT it if you can. Please keep in mind that I'm trying to portray AUTHENTIC Christianity to the readers, so tell the truth, but do it in love.

I posted as "Crystal" Here's the link:

http://queersunited.blogspot.com/2008/12/open-forum-what-if-heterosexuality-was.html

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hello ladies! A couple of weeks ago while looking for something completely unrelated online, I came across a blog that was aimed at the LGBT community. Perhaps it was my curiosity that made me continue reading and my desire to share my point of views that led me to actually post, but I would like to believe that it was the Lord. Since then I've occasionally posted in order to give a differing point of view. While I have made it known that I am a Christian and not supportive of the lifestyle, I have refrained from truly making the discussion about Jesus and God's will for us. Until now!

Today the blogger has posted and actually ASKED for the opinion of those who are against same sex marriage. The question is posed that if the Bible said Heterosexuality was an abomination would we still follow it. Pretty much my answer was a resounding YES! I explained that there are Christians who remain celibate for their lifetimes simply because they never married. I said that if it were truly in your heart to follow God's Word then you would do it at all cost, no matter how you felt about the matter. I reminded them that in the end we will all be judged gay and straight alike.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not as "read up" in the word as many of you ladies of the forum are. So I would like to ask, if this subject matter does not so offend your sensibilities that you could please support my answer and perhaps SUPPLEMENT it if you can. Please keep in mind that I'm trying to portray AUTHENTIC Christianity to the readers, so tell the truth, but do it in love.

I posted as "Crystal" Here's the link:

http://queersunited.blogspot.com/2008/12/open-forum-what-if-heterosexuality-was.html
This will always be a subject of GREAT and major controversy. Why? Because it is something that people do not want to feel accountable for as being a sin. They have allowed their 'flesh' to rule, instead of allowing God's heart to rule.

The only thing that you can tell this person is to allow her/himself to surrender to the love of God and allow Him to lead and guide them into His truth. To literally surrender their all to the Lord as you have done and as many others have. We as Christians have surrendered our lives unto the Lord. He is Lord, over us, not we ourselves.

There's no such thing as having a 'fall back' that they were born that way or that they cannot be set free from it. Anyone can be set free from sin; but they have to be willing to allow God to deliver them.

Pray for them to have their eyes open and their heart receptive to what God's Word is speaking to them from His heart. Pray that they will be deceived, neither confused about the truth. That they will not be held captive or taken into the lies that homosexuality was accepted by God, and that Jesus never addressed it.

You see, scriptually and spiritually, gays and those who support their lifestyle KNOW that they are in sin, but they have chosen to misconstrue the word of God to justify their choice of sexual preference. And sexual preference is what it all boils down to; no matter what the reasons they share, no matter what experiences of the past, no matter who says they've felt 'that way' all of their lives, it still comes down to their sexual preference.

So the only thing you can do is pray for them and share with them the love of God and to allow God to teach them and guide them into the ways of righteousness. In Psalm 23, God has even gone as far as to put His name on the line for all of us: "He leadeth me in the paths of Righteousness for His Name's Sake."

We can't change them,God can and He will. Afterall, He is our Creator and He knows how to make all the crooked places straight; all the high places low, and to crush into dust the gates of iron.

That's our God.... Our Father who art in Heaven. :heart2:

Last edited:

WonderfullyMade

Thanks Shimmie! I do pray for all of the subscribers but especially the owner of the blog. While my flesh always wants to answer back to each of the subjects that have come up, I know it's the Spirit that leads me to actually post on a select few. I always pray before I hit the submit button that God's light would shine through my words. I also pray that I am covered in His blood before I enter the site, because I realize that a sympathetic heart can also lead me to be blind or tolerant of sin. Thanks again.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thanks Shimmie! I do pray for all of the subscribers but especially the owner of the blog. While my flesh always wants to answer back to each of the subjects that have come up, I know it's the Spirit that leads me to actually post on a select few. I always pray before I hit the submit button that God's light would shine through my words.

I also pray that I am covered in His blood before I enter the site, because I realize that a sympathetic heart can also lead me to be blind or tolerant of sin.

Thanks again.
Thank you so much for sharing the 'bolded' in your post above. For this is what has happened to so many Christians. And this is what satan 'preys' upon, the compassion of Christians to blind them from maintaining their stand upon the word of God.

There is no sin in compassion, but when compassion is blinded, our faith becomes faltered.

You are very wise and truly in tune and upheld by the Holy Spirit.

Stay strong precious vessel of the Lord. You truly spoke to my heart in your post. You spoke the very words which I have been trying to convey for a long, long time.

Abundant Blessings to you and your loved ones. :giveheart: