HELP!!!!! Shedding and Curls

What do you use to enhance and manage your curls/coils?

• Miss Jessie's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aveda - Be Curly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mightycute912

This is a two part question. First part is about shedding. I am 12 weeks postpartum and I am shedding HORRIBLY. I don't recall shedding this much with my other children and it is frustrating as hell. URGH!:wallbash: What could I use to slow down the shedding? Every time I touch my hair there is a strand of hair coming out. I didn't shed much when I was pregnant, so could it be something happening to compensate for the fact my hair wasn't shedding before?

Part II is about curl enhancing products. I would like to start wearing my hair naturally, but I have no idea what products to get. I was trying to figure out if I wanted Miss Jessie's or Kinky Curly. I really need some suggestions. My hair type is 4A/B and extremely thick. I would post pics, but if I wash it I need a plan of attack to follow. Lol. Please give your suggestions and pics. Thanks!

I am natural and my hair is shoulder length when straightened.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
oh noooooo, i would take some msm and garlic pills together, when i used msm for about a month i had no hair coming out. and i just took them for health. i dont take them anymore beucase im just lazy, but they helped

MsButterfli

babygirl will be 1 on the 14th and im still dealing with shedding, although it has slowed down a bit. My temples were gone but using castor oil got it back lookin normal. Everyone says garlic will help so try that (im so non-consistent so i have no clue if it will work or not) some have even made a homemade concoction with fresh garlic in a conditioner of their choice..as for now im half wigging it for the time being but i did cut my ends and noticed the less shedding as well..

and as for curl definition, miss jessies was too greasy slippery feeling for me and good old clear EcoStyler gel got my curls poppin :) i did the shinglin method from nape to the top of my head, shook my head then left them alone. sittin under a dryer helps as well.

hope that helps a bit :)

mightycute912

Bump! Bump! Bump!

Thanks Adora and MsButterfli! I was going to get some garlic pills. I guess I need to get on that.

Foufie

FOR PART II - I purchased KCCC. I used it and it was okay. I didn't like how hard it dried though. I only used it once and I plan on giving it another try. But for now I have been using my HE totally twisted. I cowash and then when I rinse I leave a little in there. My curls be poppin' .

discodumpling

I am also about 12 weeks post partum. I also don;t remember dealing with this with my 15 & 6 yr olds...i've been using AlterEgo's Garlic treatment and that seems to have helped a little but i'm still shedding like an English Sheepdog :)

I'm breastfeeding so i'm wary about garlic pills and the effect they may or may not have on my supply. I have resumed taking my B12, & Vitamin C pills but their effects have yet to kick in. It seems that there isn't much that can be done...time will tell

Sorry no advice on Part 2...