Please Post Your Pictures of Sensationnel Instant Weaves Here!!

gabulldawg

Hey, everyone. I think I have FINALLY discovered what I can use on my hair as a protective style that will make me and my SO happy! Someone on another hair board had mentioned Instant weaves, particularly the human ones from Sensationnel. Can you ladies please post your pictures of you wearing your instant weaves and the type of versatility you can have with them? You can also please point me in the direction of your fotki if you have pictures in there. THANKS!

MoeB424

I have plenty of wig shots in my myspace photos and ones of my natural hair... I've been wearing half wigs for years, even when my hair was permed. I think if it's permed you have a wider selection since they all don't have bangs (I have yet to find a flat iron that straightens my hair well enough to blend in with a half wig) but there are some cute ones other than the human hair brand you mentioned. One that comes to mind is called Quik Weave.

my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moeb424

SelfStyled

Hey there I also use instant weaves from time to time, I have used sensationnel, freetress and this one no name one which is my absolute favorite. Take a look in my fotki under "styles" and you can see what I am talking about. I usually cut out the back comb, don't want any nape breakage, and then I COAT the top comb with castor oil. Underneath I moisturize seal with oil and crosswrap the back so its nice and flat.

carrie

my avatar is by sensationnel. Here is another one:

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...
This isn't Sensationnel, its freetress "Milano Girl"...

This pic shows it straight out the bag, probably a few days old

strawberry-jelly

This is Sensationnell "Porsha" I believe. (The bang is my hair)

Another by Sensationnell. Can't remember the name. But it's the long human hair one.

gabulldawg

This is Sensationnell "Porsha" I believe. (The bang is my hair)

Another by Sensationnell. Can't remember the name. But it's the long human hair one.

Yea I've been eyeing this one on the website. I think that's the one I'm going to be getting! Then I also want to get one of the curly styles so that I will have some versatility while I'm wearing wigs.

carrie

This looks GREAT! How did you blend your hair with it?

I only left out less than 1/2inch of my own. This type of "hair" matches my texture best. Here is another one. This is by New Born Free. I LOVED this one. Unfortunately I suffered some hair damage from the pressure or the drawstring.

gabulldawg

Okay, ladies. I am THIS close to ordering one off of the internet right now. I just want to know how you guys deal with the combs on the instant weaves. I went to the BSS yesterday and those things seem brutal! Are you losing any hair in the crown and/or nape from the combs? Have any of you taken the combs out and used something else to secure the wig? Please let me know. That's the only thing that's keeping me from ordering one right now! THANKS!

glamazon386

Okay, ladies. I am THIS close to ordering one off of the internet right now. I just want to know how you guys deal with the combs on the instant weaves. I went to the BSS yesterday and those things seem brutal! Are you losing any hair in the crown and/or nape from the combs? Have any of you taken the combs out and used something else to secure the wig? Please let me know. That's the only thing that's keeping me from ordering one right now! THANKS!

Gabulldawg, they don't sell the sensationnel ones in your area? I've never had a problem with the combs. I know some ladies take them out but idk how pins would hold it on. I like the ones with the drawstring better because you can adjust them. I read somewhere else on the board that somebody took the comb out of the back and then soaked the one in the front in castor oil. I think that's what they said. But I've never done either. I've been wearing Instant Weaves since they first came out in 2002 and I haven't had any problems at all.

gabulldawg

Gabulldawg, they don't sell the sensationnel ones in your area? I've never had a problem with the combs. I know some ladies take them out but idk how pins would hold it on. I like the ones with the drawstring better because you can adjust them. I read somewhere else on the board that somebody took the comb out of the back and then soaked the one in the front in castor oil. I think that's what they said. But I've never done either. I've been wearing Instant Weaves since they first came out in 2002 and I haven't had any problems at all.

Bmoreflyygirl i may need to bug you more about how to use them when I get mine! I hope you dont' mind! The BSS I went to yesterday didn't have any. Plus I have cornrows in now, so I'm not really in a hurry to have one now because I plan on keeping the braids in for about 2 weeks. AND laissez faire hair is giving away $5 off coupons! :grin:

gabulldawg

How much are these wigs and yep...what about the combs?

From what i've seen so far they range in from anywhere from like $25 - $80+, depending on certain factors like length and type of hair (synthetic vs. human). Of course human and longer is usually more expensive

glamazon386

Bmoreflyygirl i may need to bug you more about how to use them when I get mine! I hope you dont' mind! The BSS I went to yesterday didn't have any. Plus I have cornrows in now, so I'm not really in a hurry to have one now because I plan on keeping the braids in for about 2 weeks. AND laissez faire hair is giving away $5 off coupons! :grin:

Oh okay... are you looking to buy human or synthetic?

Adequate - It depends on if you get human or synthetic. Synthetic ones are usually 19.99. Human ones depend on the length. The most I've ever paid for a human one was about $70 but that's bc I was away at school in a high price area and needed it to wear to a prom at the last minute. I got the same exact wig on more than one occasion at home in bmore for $50. I usually buy synthetic ones though. The human ones are a waste of $, IMO.

gabulldawg

Adequate - It depends on if you get human or synthetic. Synthetic ones are usually 19.99. Human ones depend on the length. The most I've ever paid for a human one was about $70 but that's bc I was away at school in a high price area and needed it to wear to a prom at the last minute. I got the same exact wig on more than one occasion at home in bmore for $50. I usually buy synthetic ones though. The human ones are a waste of $, IMO.

This is the one that I'm eying: http://www.lfhair.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=17602

glamazon386

Thats cute! The only thing with the human ones is that they get weave poof too fast. That drove me crazy. Also, if you wash it, they style isn't gonna bounce back like that. You're gonna have to recurl it yourself. If you leave it alone it should hold for a while. At least a few weeks just don't wear it in the shower or anything because the curls will drop. I used to wrap mines and wear it straight once the curls started falling. The curly ones are usually layered nicely. Now I just stick with the synthetic ones. It's just easier. The style holds better. I don't have to worry about doing anything to it but putting it on. I don't even have to comb it if I don't want to. If the curls get a little flat, I can put some mousse on it and they'll bounce back. And I don't feel bad about throwing them out after they've run their course bc I've gotten my $20 worth.

*KP*

I agree. I went to a store to try some on and the human hair ones didn't feel as good. If you won't be using heat, I think a synthetic one is just fine. All the human ones I tried had way too much brown in to blend with my hair colour - and that was colour 1B!

Gabulldawg, the one in the link is really nice. Is there a place you could go to try some on though to see if you like how it fits? Most stores should let you try them on if you buy a wig cap.

gabulldawg

I agree. I went to a store to try some on and the human hair ones didn't feel as good. If you won't be using heat, I think a synthetic one is just fine. All the human ones I tried had way too much brown in to blend with my hair colour - and that was colour 1B!

Gabulldawg, the one in the link is really nice. Is there a place you could go to try some on though to see if you like how it fits? Most stores should let you try them on if you buy a wig cap.

The BSS I went to didn't have any. I guess I could check around but wouldn't I have to wait until after I get my cornrows out?