Please Post Your Pictures of Sensationnel Instant Weaves Here!!

glamazon386

The BSS I went to didn't have any. I guess I could check around but wouldn't I have to wait until after I get my cornrows out?

No... why can't you just put the wig on top of the cornrows? Any wig shop will let you try wigs on. You'll just have to buy a wig cap for $1. They usually take the $1 off your purchase if you buy a wig.

*KP*

The BSS I went to didn't have any. I guess I could check around but wouldn't I have to wait until after I get my cornrows out?

I had a full head weave and they managed to get it to fit under the wig cap!!

Of course it did not lay as flat as I'd have liked but I got a good idea. You could try now or wait until you take the cornrows out so you can get a better idea of how it fits.

gabulldawg

Okay, cool. I will plan to check it out when I get off of work. Thanks, guys. By the way, my SO likes the choice that I picked. Who would have thought? He actually likes something! LOL. Men can be so hard to please sometimes... Anyway, I really hope that one looks good on me. If the BSS doesn't have it I guess I will have to order online.

MissJ

What stores are these sold in? I need a protective style that works, pronto!

Excellent thread. 5 Stars!

MissJ

Oh okay... are you looking to buy human or synthetic?

Adequate - It depends on if you get human or synthetic. Synthetic ones are usually 19.99. Human ones depend on the length. The most I've ever paid for a human one was about $70 but that's bc I was away at school in a high price area and needed it to wear to a prom at the last minute. I got the same exact wig on more than one occasion at home in bmore for $50. I usually buy synthetic ones though. The human ones are a waste of $, IMO.
Why are the human ones a waste of money? Is there any difference in the look? You can curl and wash the human hair as needed, right?

glamazon386

Why are the human ones a waste of money? Is there any difference in the look? You can curl and wash the human hair as needed, right?

They don't last as long as the synthetic ones. The quality of the hair isn't that great either. They get weave poof (sometimes fresh out the pack) and don't hold the style as well, IMO. If you get caught out in the rain or something, it's gonna fall. And it's gonna be hard to get it back the way it was. They also shed more (with daily wear) so it'll thin out considerably if you plan on wearing it for an extended period of time. When they thin out too much, you can see the tracks. I don't see the point in spending $50-$80 on a wig that I have to do all that to when I can buy a synthetic one for $20 and pop it on and go. The point of the wig is to give your hair a rest right. Who wants to be washing, flat ironing, curling, etc on a wig when they're supposed to be giving their hair a break? That's too much unnecessary work. And the cheap hair isn't gonna hold up for all of that either. After a while it's gonna be a frizzy tangled mess. I just feel like I get more for my money out of the synthetic ones. I would feel guilty about throwing an $80 wig in the trash. A $20 one that I wore over and over, not so much.

Last edited:

MissJ

They don't last as long as the synthetic ones. The quality of the hair isn't that great either. They get weave poof (sometimes fresh out the pack) and don't hold the style as well, IMO. If you get caught out in the rain or something, it's gonna fall. And it's gonna be hard to get it back the way it was. They also shed more (with daily wear) so it'll thin out considerably if you plan on wearing it for an extended period of time. When they thin out too much, you can see the tracks. I don't see the point in spending $50-$80 on a wig that I have to do all that to when I can buy a synthetic one for $20 and pop it on and go. The point of the wig is to give your hair a rest right. Who wants to be washing, flat ironing, curling, etc on a wig when they're supposed to be giving their hair a break? That's too much unnecessary work. And the cheap hair isn't gonna hold up for all of that either. After a while it's gonna be a frizzy tangled mess. I just feel like I get more for my money out of the synthetic ones. I would feel guilty about throwing an $80 wig in the trash. A $20 one that I wore over and over, not so much.
Thanks for the thorough explanation. I've never heard of "weave poof" though. :lol:

Missi

this is my half wig: its also freetress:

here's a closer look: the hair really blends in w/ the half wig

Aidenberry03

Missi,

Now I likes that.

What is the name of the wig in the Freetresses line.
How is your hair styled underneath.
Oh, how did you get the top to blend with the curls.
What color is that.

No more questions:look:...for now

glamazon386

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I've never heard of "weave poof" though. :lol:

Yeah most weave does it. It like puffs up instead of staying flat and styled. The only way to really tame it is to keep combing/brushing it. Serums help but it still will do it more as the hair gets old. The better quality hair is supposed to not do it. But I've never bought expensive straight hair (only curly or wavy) so i can't really tell you.

Missi

Missi,

Now I likes that.

What is the name of the wig in the Freetresses line.
How is your hair styled underneath.
Oh, how did you get the top to blend with the curls.
What color is that.

No more questions:look:...for now

>>Sorry: Freetress is my other wig: the one in the picture is called AMY (www.amyhair.com) its AMY 2015
>>I wrapped my hair under under the wig: and place a wip cap over it: but i made sure i just had what would have been a very thin bang hang out so when i put the cap & wig on: i can comb that part over.
>>I used Bigen "brown black" so the color "1B" was a 95% perfect match. Once the wig was on: i combed my hair over the wig to blend it in: i used a little JAM (the black jar w/ the green lid) so the shine blended well and my nappy roots were straightened. Lol

Last edited:

chavascandy

My half wigs are made by Enstyle and Sennsational! I blend my hair with the wigs. It all depends on what texture the hair is. I usually stick with synthetic hair. The are least expensive and you don't have to worry about the style falling out from rain or humidity.:yep:

Look In My Fotki Under Protective Styles.

Jetblackhair

I co-sign with Bmore & Chavascandy about using synthetic hair.
My half wig is in my siggy.

Last edited: