Please post your review of BBD Products...

choqlat1

I think I am interested in purchasing BBD products to use in addition to my current product line (KeraCare). The Stretch Growth Creame, Keala Oil, and anything else that may serve to be a benefit for my relaxed 4b hair.

Do you ladies have any input on how those products worked on your hair?

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

so1913

I LOVE stretch as well. I am fully stocked up for a while (good deal on Ebay). I use as a deep treatement and leave in. Helps to keep my hair in great shape.

I've also used the flat iron lotion once, and it is also very good. I don't straighten my hair much which is why I don't use it regularly.

balisi

I've only used the Glass Curling Creme and the Keala Oil. The Glass is GREAT for shingling! I got it at the hair show for only $5 for a 16oz jar!!! Had I know it was that good, I'd have stocked up big time. :ohwell: The Keala Oil was also $5, but I don't care for the scent of the purple one that I purchased. I've been hearing only good things about the Stretch.

CurleeDST

wow you've found STRETCH on eBay!???? I am about done with my container so I need a new one.

so1913 said:
I LOVE stretch as well. I am fully stocked up for a while (good deal on Ebay). I use as a deep treatement and leave in. Helps to keep my hair in great shape.

I've also used the flat iron lotion once, and it is also very good. I don't straighten my hair much which is why I don't use it regularly.

so1913

Girl, keep an eye out, there have been quite a few auctions for it over the past couple of weeks. FYI: I think he is selling directly on Ebay, because I bought 3 for $99.99 with free shipping a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the seller when I bought it had the location the same as where BBD is located, Ypsilanti, MI , and when I received my package it said from BBD.com....

Now the a seller with another name has a listed location of "houston" texas, but the heading, details and description as well as the prices are exactly the same as the person I purchased from. The person I purchased from is "unlisted" now (all this now makes my "nervous" but I got my jars with no problem) The auctions are for 1 jar up to 3 jars at prices of $44.99 for one to $99.99 for 3 with free shipping. Right now looks like 2 auctions are going on if anyone wants to try to save on shipping on one, or save $35 on 3 jars, free shipping.

http://search.ebay.com//search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=bbd+stretch

They (auctions) seem to be going up regularly these days.

CurleeDST

Thanks SO1913. I went on eBay and found the auctions. That is awesome. STRETCH is definitely staying in my collection.

Now what I do is use it as a deep treatment weekly. That stuff really helps to strengthen my hair.

How do you use it SO1913? Have you ever used it without heat such as a daily leave-in?

so1913 said:
Girl, keep an eye out, there have been quite a few auctions for it over the past couple of weeks. FYI: I think he is selling directly on Ebay, because I bought 3 for $99.99 with free shipping a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the seller when I bought it had the location the same as where BBD is located, Ypsilanti, MI , and when I received my package it said from BBD.com....

Now the a seller with another name has a listed location of "houston" texas, but the heading, details and description as well as the prices are exactly the same as the person I purchased from. The person I purchased from is "unlisted" now (all this now makes my "nervous" but I got my jars with no problem) The auctions are for 1 jar up to 3 jars at prices of $44.99 for one to $99.99 for 3 with free shipping. Right now looks like 2 auctions are going on if anyone wants to try to save on shipping on one, or save $35 on 3 jars, free shipping.

http://search.ebay.com//search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=bbd+stretch

They (auctions) seem to be going up regularly these days.

so1913

CurleeDST said:
Thanks SO1913. I went on eBay and found the auctions. That is awesome. STRETCH is definitely staying in my collection.

Now what I do is use it as a deep treatment weekly. That stuff really helps to strengthen my hair.

How do you use it SO1913? Have you ever used it without heat such as a daily leave-in?

I use it as a deep treatment with heat for about 30 mins whenever I find sometime to treat my hair (seems like once a month these days) other than that, I used it every time I wash/rinse my hair as a leave in (everyday to every other day). I add a big dollup to my hair soaking with my Jamaican Mango Lime Cactus Leave in, take my micro fiber towel and wrap my hair to allow the body heat to help it penetrate as well as absorbing the water while I do the rest of my getting ready for the day. My jars last a very long time, even when using it as a deep treatment. I think the one I'm finishing up now has made it 6 months.

LABETT

The BBD Stretch Creme and Kaela oil is my favorite products from the line.
I really depend on the stretch creme to help me extend my relaxer I use it as a deep conditioner and moisturizer every other day.
I love the Kaela Oil smell great (orange color) only need a little I apply it on my hair and ends after the stretch creme and it makes your hair feel more soft and silky.
The BBD Triple Silk shampoo smell great (pink color) and works the same CON without the buildup.
I have only use the Flatiron Lotion twice (purple color) and it worked great and smelled yummy.
I just purchase the BBD Butter foam wrap and I love it even better than my beloved Nairobi Wrap Lotion.
The BBD butter leaves your hair soft and feels like butter and is not greasy at all I paid seven bucks for it with a beautician discount regular price is $19.00.
I think this line works even better when using all products together soft and silky hair for days.
I am glad these products are available in my area and I dont have to order online anymore.

so1913

LABETT said:
The BBD Stretch Creme and Kaela oil is my favorite products from the line.
I really depend on the stretch creme to help me extend my relaxer I use it as a deep conditioner and moisturizer every other day.
I love the Kaela Oil smell great (orange color) only need a little I apply it on my hair and ends after the stretch creme and it makes your hair feel more soft and silky.
The BBD Triple Silk shampoo smell great (pink color) and works the same CON without the buildup.
I have only use the Flatiron Lotion twice (purple color) and it worked great and smelled yummy.
I just purchase the BBD Butter foam wrap and I love it even better than my beloved Nairobi Wrap Lotion.
The BBD butter leaves your hair soft and feels like butter and is not greasy at all I paid seven bucks for it with a beautician discount regular price is $19.00.
I think this line works even better when using all products together soft and silky hair for days.
I am glad these products are available in my area and I dont have to order online anymore.

Yes, you are very lucky, they aren't anywhere around here! (Except Stretch at Miss Jessies (formerly Curve Salon) in Brooklyn.

I REALLY want to try the shampoo...just haven't been able to get my hands on it.

so1913

My mistake! My package was actually marked "bbdhair.com" not the company's site bigbadd.com. So it's not straight from the manufacturer, BUT, you can purchase from this site and get the same deals as they are going for in the auctions without the hassle of trying to win the auction at the low price.

http://www.bbdhair.com

I'm actually very confused about who these people are!!! LOL

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

so1913 said:
My mistake! My package was actually marked "bbdhair.com" not the company's site bigbadd.com. So it's not straight from the manufacturer, BUT, you can purchase from this site and get the same deals as they are going for in the auctions without the hassle of trying to win the auction at the low price.

Oh girl you done started it! I will be ordering these products in the near future!

L

lkg4healthyhair

Thanks for the site. I use the stretch as a deep treatment and I put a leave in. For my leave in I used distilled water, bbd stretch and a few drops of keala oil.

choqlat1

WOW! This is great information from you ladies - I truly appreciate it.

So, can you hip me to a few things... Why is BBD rarely used if its so great? Does the cost have a lot to do with it? I would pay anything for a great product. Healthy hair is my goal, even though I am relaxed and use some heat periodically.

Thoughts?

so1913

choqlat1 said:
WOW! This is great information from you ladies - I truly appreciate it.

So, can you hip me to a few things... Why is BBD rarely used if its so great? Does the cost have a lot to do with it? I would pay anything for a great product. Healthy hair is my goal, even though I am relaxed and use some heat periodically.

Thoughts?

could be many factors... marketing for one..they are midwest based, very popular and well known out there. It's a small company compared to many of the larger one's. They mostl ikely don't have the finances to market everywhere yet and are counting on word of mouth to help get exposure for now. That is, for the most part, how many small, self contained businesses start out.

Harry

I recieved my BBD Stretch Growth Creme on Friday. It is the best conditioner/reconstructor that I have ever used. Can someone post the ingredients? They are not listed on container.

so1913

Harry said:
I recieved my BBD Stretch Growth Creme on Friday. It is the best conditioner/reconstructor that I have ever used. Can someone post the ingredients? They are not listed on container.

I don't think the ingredients are available. The best bet would be to contact them, and even then I don't know what you'll find out.

I don't know what the loop holes are around being able not to list ingredients on products, quite a few companies do this.

Ah well, I love the stuff, so it doesn't phase me too much.

so1913

Harry said:
Thanks S01913. I'll give them a call. It seems odd, though, that the ingredients are not listed. :confused:

Yeah a few companies do that with their "claim to fame" extra special recipies, lol...they'll tell you it's to prevent being copied.

CurleeDST

Isn't that called a patent?

LOL

so1913 said:
Yeah a few companies do that with their "claim to fame" extra special recipies, lol...they'll tell you it's to prevent being copied.

so1913

CurleeDST said:
Isn't that called a patent?

LOL

LOL, yeah...but I know it can take a while to get one and when you do, it only lasts for a certain number of years...after that, your "recipie" is free game...

(like how you see a company come out with something first, and then a few years later, everyone else all of a sudden comes out with their own version)

but I don't know what the deal is with these companies. Kemi Oyl has been in business for YEARS and they still don't list the ingredients of their oil because its a "secret blend"...Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine only says "natural butters and essential oils"...there must be something that allows these companies to get away with not listing ingredients.

Non the less, Stretch is still a GREAT product ;-)

morehairplease

so1913 said:
I use it as a deep treatment with heat for about 30 mins whenever I find sometime to treat my hair (seems like once a month these days) other than that, I used it every time I wash/rinse my hair as a leave in (everyday to every other day). I add a big dollup to my hair soaking with my Jamaican Mango Lime Cactus Leave in, take my micro fiber towel and wrap my hair to allow the body heat to help it penetrate as well as absorbing the water while I do the rest of my getting ready for the day. My jars last a very long time, even when using it as a deep treatment. I think the one I'm finishing up now has made it 6 months.

so1913 thanks for posting this! I am going to purchase the stretch soon.

MsCounsel

so1913 said:

Not for nothing but I just got off of the bigbadd.com website and I'm afraid I'm going to have nightmares. That site is a trip. Check out his latest creation. :eek: http://www.bigbadd.com/Ridiculous.htm

metalkitty

Stretch is really good, I find it works best with heat though which might be inconvenient for some. I believe stretch is the reason a year or two ago I was able to be 5 months post and shed only a hair or two a day. Thats definately unheard of for me, I'm going to experiment with the exact regime I was using then to see if I get the same results...

so1913

metalkitty said:
Stretch is really good, I find it works best with heat though which might be inconvenient for some. I believe stretch is the reason a year or two ago I was able to be 5 months post and shed only a hair or two a day. Thats definately unheard of for me, I'm going to experiment with the exact regime I was using then to see if I get the same results...

What I end up doing when I use it as a leave in is applying right after I rinse and wrapping my hair up in a towel while I get ready for work. I figure that since the say that heat friction from rubbing the product in your hands and into the strand should suffice, body heat as well has the heat from the water should help it penetrate.

Sometimes I diffuse my hair, so that's another form of heat I use to help it penetrate...other than that, if I use it as a deep treatment, I sit under a dryer for 30 mins.