Please post your review of BBD Products...

Nice & Wavy

I want to order from the website but have a few questions. Have any of you ordered from there? How long did it take for you to receive your products? Was the customer service any good? Sorry for all the questions, just would like for someone to let me know. I do appreciate it. Thanks.

Nice & Wavy

Nice & Wavy said:
I want to order from the website but have a few questions. Have any of you ordered from there? How long did it take for you to receive your products? Was the customer service any good? Sorry for all the questions, just would like for someone to let me know. I do appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry, I want to order from the creator of the products website.

Leslie_C

Dang now I know why I stopped coming to the hair thread! lol :lol:
NOW, ladies tell me this: is this product above and beyond what any other product has done for your hair? Does it have detangling and moisturizing properties or is it mainly a strengthener. Its pretty pricey and I wouldnt want to spend that much on a product unless it was a miracle...lol. How many oz is it?

Im about 6 months into transitioning and getting breakage in the back at the demarcation line (there are patches where it is completely natural but at least they are 3-4 inches long when stretched). Will this help stop that breakage?

so1913

Nice & Wavy said:
Sorry, I want to order from the creator of the products website.

I have, it was quick. My co-workers sister just ordered over the phone a few days ago, spoke to Big Bad D (so funny calling a grown man that) and she said he was very helpful and nice.

so1913

Leslie_C said:
Dang now I know why I stopped coming to the hair thread! lol :lol:
NOW, ladies tell me this: is this product above and beyond what any other product has done for your hair? Does it have detangling and moisturizing properties or is it mainly a strengthener. Its pretty pricey and I wouldnt want to spend that much on a product unless it was a miracle...lol. How many oz is it?

Im about 6 months into transitioning and getting breakage in the back at the demarcation line (there are patches where it is completely natural but at least they are 3-4 inches long when stretched). Will this help stop that breakage?

It's a 16 oz jar. I think it moisturizes my hair, I don't really have problems with detangling, so it works as well for me in regards to detangling as any other good conditioner. Its not heavy, water based treatement.

I don't look for miracles when it comes to hair, but I do know I've been using this for sometime and my hair has maintained a healthy state. Could something else work better or the same? Probably, but I know this works well for my hair. As far as what it does for breakage, because I don't experience breakage I am not sure how effective it is in stopping it, I use Stretch as a preventative treatement. I've read different opinions, some don't think it's worth it. It's one of those things you have to try out to see if it works for you. Hopefully someone who has used it to correct damage will be able to answer your question about how effective it is in stopping it for them.

Nice & Wavy

so1913 said:
I have, it was quick. My co-workers sister just ordered over the phone a few days ago, spoke to Big Bad D (so funny calling a grown man that) and she said he was very helpful and nice.

Oh, thank you...thank you so much for your response!

Harry

Also, I forgot to mention that there is alot of information regarding haircare on the label that was helpful. He mainly compares the differences between conditioners and reconstructors.:)

Harry

Info from the label:

Stretch Growth Creme is a water-based, water soluble hair re-constructor. It
contains 22 amino acids. (Stretch is not a conditioner, conditioners coat and
has a tendency to build up on the hair shaft, therefore insulating the hair and
preventing vital moisture from being absorbed.) The key to hair, therefore
allowing maximum penetration of the 22 amino acids.
Stretch is a heat activated, moisturizing and leave-in re-constructor. Stretch
does not work properly without heat. For instance, blow-dry the stretch in,
applying the stretch from your hand to your head and physically pushing the
product into the hair shaft, therefore applying friction, and creating heat.
Stretching be used as a reconstructing treatment. 16oz Jar

Healthb4Length

Harry said:
Info from the label:

Stretch Growth Creme is a water-based, water soluble hair re-constructor. It
contains 22 amino acids. (Stretch is not a conditioner, conditioners coat and
has a tendency to build up on the hair shaft, therefore insulating the hair and
preventing vital moisture from being absorbed.) The key to hair, therefore
allowing maximum penetration of the 22 amino acids.
Stretch is a heat activated, moisturizing and leave-in re-constructor. Stretch
does not work properly without heat. For instance, blow-dry the stretch in,
applying the stretch from your hand to your head and physically pushing the
product into the hair shaft, therefore applying friction, and creating heat.
Stretching be used as a reconstructing treatment. 16oz Jar

Thanks for posting this info Harry! I've been *wanting and needing* to try this product for years! But the price was always an issue, I think I'll just bite the bullet and get it!

Nice & Wavy

I ordered mine yesterday. Spoke to someone and he told me that it will take 2 days for me to get it via UPS. I'm looking forward to using this product and I will let you all know how my hair turns out with it. I praying that it will really be a good product for me.

Brownchiq

I have used this product for about 2-3 weeks. I must say its detangling propertiers arent the best for me, I am relaxed. But it does make my hair very soft. I use it as a deep conditioner. I keep it on with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer. I follow with a moisturizing/ detangling conditioner. I like it but I can say im totally in love.

naturaline

hey im about to go to bed-
i recieved my bbd stretch today, i have a natural blow out... do you think i could put some of this on my ends before i tie it up for bed or can you only put it on wet hair????

tia

Soleado

I have been using it as a moisturizer on my dry hair without a problem. Actually, I really do sense that it is working well like that. I think I am going to use it as a deep conditioner, leave in and moisturizer.

Nice & Wavy

I received my stretch growth creme today and I'm so excited! It smells soooooooooooo good! Wow, I didn't expect it to smell like that. Reminds me of candy.

I'm going to use it this weekend and then I'll give an update.

Nice & Wavy

I couldn't wait for the weekend and used it last night. It made my hair very soft, moist (the best part) and smell sooooo good! You really don't have to put as much in your hair as you think. A little does go a long way and the 16oz jar has alot of the creme in it. I know its worth the money, but I can't wait to see how it will work with my hair. I am going to use this in conjunction with Lenzi's Request so I should see great growth from these two products. Also, since it's getting warmer now, I'm going to be doing more conditioning rinses and allowing my hair to rest, rest, rest!

I'm looking to have at least bra strap length by October of this year.

hottopic

OK....Ladies, we need a discount up in here. Who is good with wheeling and dealing...Someone need to contact the company and tell them who we are, because that would be mad business going their way. Now I want to buy one.....

so1913

naturaline said:
hey im about to go to bed-
i recieved my bbd stretch today, i have a natural blow out... do you think i could put some of this on my ends before i tie it up for bed or can you only put it on wet hair????

tia

No, you can use it on dry hair. I've never had a problem. When I was relaxed, I used to add a small amount to my dry hair before wrapping and tying up for the night.

Healthb4Length

jwhitley6 said:
Bumping for more actual product reviews. Who's using this with success? What are your results?

I should be getting mine this week! I'll post a review next week after I texturize my hair.

CurleeDST

I have pictures of my natural hair straightened using BBD. It is listed in the photo album here under my sign on name.

so1913

CurleeDST said:
I have pictures of my natural hair straightened using BBD. It is listed in the photo album here under my sign on name.

Hey, the link to your album in your profile isn't working :-( It keeps sending me to my own yahoo album! LOL!

lydc

I purchased BBD Stretch awhile back and hated it. It did absolutely nothing for my hair.