Please pray for me

Platinum

Ladies, I need your prayers. I'm an over-the-road truck driver and I just found out last week that my company will no longer haul "refrigerated" goods and are switching over to "flatbed". Flatbed work is physically demanding and I won't be able to handle it. I've been having back and shoulder pain for the last 2-3 weeks and this type of work only makes it worse. My boss "dropped the bomb" while I was in Ohio. I haven't been home since April and I probably wont get back until next week. When I told my boss that I NEED to go home the other day, he pretended that he didn't realize that I hadn't been home (yeah, right).

This poses another problem for me because I planning to move into my new place when I got back but now, that's on hold because of the employment issue. I thought about moving in with my parents for about two weeks but I don't want to do that because I've always been independent.

Please pray for me!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
:hug2: Hey Platinum!
God never fails. What he has for YOU, he has for YOU, no matter what else or who else is doing. You know what I'm saying? Do what you need to do and I guarantee it will work out better than you think it would be possible. Head up! :yep:

Platinum

:hug2: Hey Platinum!
God never fails. What he has for YOU, he has for YOU, no matter what else or who else is doing. You know what I'm saying? Do what you need to do and I guarantee it will work out better than you think it would be possible. Head up! :yep:

Thank you! I'm making more calls and doing a few online applications in the morning. I forgot to post pics of the truck:

It's very difficult to secure the loads on flatbeds so now I'm looking for another refrigerated or dry goods carrier.

Thank you! I'm making more calls and doing a few online applications in the morning.

I'm glad you are looking elsewhere Platinum. I am definitely praying for you're situation; you shouldn't put your body through that kind of labor. Truck driving jobs are pretty plentiful right? Just wait on God.

My bf recently lost his job and I've been feverishly praying for him and he was just offered a pretty good job Thursday! My boyfriend still needs to learn how to trust God more about situations--I often have to remind him that God will see him through. He was about to take any job offered to him; some offers were an absolute slap in the face--especially the salary!

If you have to work the 'flat bed gig' for a moment--do so, but every single day make sure that you check the classifieds and Craigslist.org for job openings in your area until you find something worthy of your time. Craigslist has actually been a pretty good source of job opportunities for me and my boyfriend. That site has helped me to obtain the best job I've ever had working for a large corporation with awesome benefits--and I loved it!

I believe you will get a job even better than the one you have!

dlove

Prayer request sent. May God bless you. Have faith and believe. I do. I believe God is making arrangement right now.

Highly Favored8

I am standing in the Gap with you I just lost my Job of 10 years! Stand on God's word and that When God Closes that door another door will open up!:yep:

Platinum

I'm glad you are looking elsewhere Platinum. I am definitely praying for you're situation; you shouldn't put your body through that kind of labor. Truck driving jobs are pretty plentiful right? Just wait on God.

My bf recently lost his job and I've been feverishly praying for him and he was just offered a pretty good job Thursday! My boyfriend still needs to learn how to trust God more about situations--I often have to remind him that God will see him through. He was about to take any job offered to him; some offers were an absolute slap in the face--especially the salary!

If you have to work the 'flat bed gig' for a moment--do so, but every single day make sure that you check the classifieds and Craigslist.org for job openings in your area until you find something worthy of your time. Craigslist has actually been a pretty good source of job opportunities for me and my boyfriend. That site has helped me to obtain the best job I've ever had working for a large corporation with awesome benefits--and I loved it!

I believe you will get a job even better than the one you have!

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm not working for that company anymore. I found out that the boss and his wife aren't concerned about their drivers, it's all about money. I hated to leave without securing another job but I feel like I had to do what was best for me. I still don't have another job yet but I know that God will provide. I have had a few offers but I'm looking for a job that will provide more "home time" and benefits.

Pink Diamond, I'm going to check out Craigslist.org. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Thank you all for your prayers. I'm not working for that company anymore. I found out that the boss and his wife aren't concerned about their drivers, it's all about money. I hated to leave without securing another job but I feel like I had to do what was best for me. I still don't have another job yet but I know that God will provide. I have had a few offers but I'm looking for a job that will provide more "home time" and benefits.

Pink Diamond, I'm going to check out Craigslist.org. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I was hoping to open your post with good news about another job.
Keep looking. It will come. Do you know how to drive a bus? Just a thought...

kayte

I've been reading this thread before ...and letting you know prayers are
with you brave woman.... God has your situation in hand

Platinum

I was hoping to open your post with good news about another job.
Keep looking. It will come. Do you know how to drive a bus? Just a thought...

I didn't find a job but I haven't given up. I've been searching for a "local" or regional driving job so I can have more "home time". January Noir, driving a bus is very easy but I don't have the patience. I have placed many applications so I'm praying that I will have a job this week.:look: