Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

Guinan

Re-Branding
I plain janed it 2day. A high bun. Hopefully yall can see it, my phone has been actin cray zie

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Attachments

• IMG_20130115_150654.jpg
    IMG_20130115_150654.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20130115_150648.jpg
    IMG_20130115_150648.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 182

Endlesslegs

got my hair done in lagos over christmas..my annual braids lol

temfash

This is my easy, simple protective canerow style. Don't know why the pic is sideways posted from my phone.

Attachments

• Hillingdon-20130116-00272.jpg
    Hillingdon-20130116-00272.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Hillingdon-20130116-00270.jpg
    Hillingdon-20130116-00270.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Hillingdon-20130116-00271.jpg
    Hillingdon-20130116-00271.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

missbugg21

Braids... just took them down, but plan to re-install in another week or so. :yep:

Attachments

• 100_5480.jpg
    100_5480.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 245

bydebra

Please share your technique...I love the bun, very juicy!

Hey Cattypus1 - I have a tutorial on my YouTube page. It's basically pinning the hair to make a bun shape instead of using a filler. It's good for people who want that look, but don't have a donut or don't want to use one.

JosieLynn

here's a photo of my most recent endeavor into the world of havana twists, i really like how natural they look and they're not really heavy like yarn braids

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 240

winona

BayAreaDream
Your install looks great:) what hair did you use for that install? next month I will be installing crochet braids and I am looking for hair I could purchase locally:)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Todays hair. Im mad the clip is crooked:(

Attachments

• IMG_8465.jpeg
    IMG_8465.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 194

IMFOCSD

Hi ladies...I haven't posted in here in a very long time but I just made a wig and will be wearing it alternating with another I have.

IMG_20130203_114611.jpg

ForumRunner_20130204_001658.jpg

ForumRunner_20130204_001718.jpg

naija24

is there such a thing as a bad protective style?

I just big chop'ed and found African braiders who could do micros on about 1" of hair. So naturally I went for it because I want a little poof by March and April.

However, I read on some sites that micros on too short of hair can cause breakage. This is causing me serious worry. Could someone point me in the right direction?

faithVA

[USER said:
naija24;17888779[/USER]]is there such a thing as a bad protective style?

I just big chop'ed and found African braiders who could do micros on about 1" of hair. So naturally I went for it because I want a little poof by March and April.

However, I read on some sites that micros on too short of hair can cause breakage. This is causing me serious worry. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Not only could you incur breakage you could suffer hair loss. Imagine how tight they have to pull your hair to have those extensions stay. And micros can be every bad on your edges.

Before you get extensions anywhere talk to people who have had their hair done there and see what their hair and scalp looks like.

Spend a month reading through this board before you do anything to your hair. It will save you months and months of misery in the end.

Braids done well are wonderful. But improperly installed braids will lead to baldness and other issues.

naija24

Not only could you incur breakage you could suffer hair loss. Imagine how tight they have to pull your hair to have those extensions stay. And micros can be every bad on your edges.

Before you get extensions anywhere talk to people who have had their hair done there and see what their hair and scalp looks like.

Spend a month reading through this board before you do anything to your hair. It will save you months and months of misery in the end.

Braids done well are wonderful. But improperly installed braids will lead to baldness and other issues.

Now I'm terrified. I already have micros!!!

This was my hair this past week. I had about an 1" stretched out.

This is my hair with micros, since last Sunday.

My hair may actually break????

faithVA

Don't panic. You already have them. I am assuming they feel fine.

But you do need to educate yourself on braids and your hair. There are threads on taking care of your hair while in braids, proper take down, etc.

No one can say what your hair will experience. Others can just share their experiences and what they learned. Learn from them so you don't have to have their experiences. Just use LHCF as a good resource to learn as much as you can early on.

jprayze

This is my hair with micros, since last Sunday.

Are these micros? They look like Sengalease twists to me?

naija24

jprayze, Yes, they are micros. They're pretty thin. It took me 6 hours to get done between two ladies.

faithVA, the back of my head feels fine now. It's the crown and some of the sides taht are still pretty tender for me. I am sure they'll go down by the end of the week. I haven't had braids in 3 years and I haven't had micros ever.