Plopping

Jewell

Hey, now that I have found out what plopping is ON MY OWN, I just wanted to find out if this method for curl creation/definition will work on a transitioner's head with lots of relaxed (straight ends) such as myself. I noticed Sylver2 wanted to try it, and she has relaxed hair. Any tips would be appreciated. I think I know how to do it from the Naturally Curly website, but I don't want to waste washing my hair and its not going to work with mostly relaxed hair. Thanks!

mscounselor

Cosigning on that! I have 4a hair and I have seen it done, but like you I won't waste my time if I end up having to rewash just to correct the damage.
<looking around waiting on replies>

Chaya

I think I may try it this weekend. I have tried the curly pudding and it has worked well on my relaxed hair. I would like to try plopping except I dont really understand the directions. Can some one clear them up for me? Ive seen the link and I still dont get it!

moda

Chaya said:
I think I may try it this weekend. I have tried the curly pudding and it has worked well on my relaxed hair. I would like to try plopping except I dont really understand the directions. Can some one clear them up for me? Ive seen the link and I still dont get it!

Jewel, I think your hair may need some curl definition to work, but I could be wrong.

Chaya, all I did when I plopped was cw my hair, and then applied my leave ins. I leaned my head over the tub and then I placed my towel on my head, rolled both ends, placed them on top of my head and then placed a scrunchie on my towel. I hope this makes sense to you.

Last edited:

curlilocs

The plopping pics that I posted were on mainly relaxed hair. I'm only 14 weeks post relaxer, but my hair still has alot of curl. If your wash your hair and it forms curls when you air dry then it should work fine. I found that the setting lotion was the best way for me to apply product and allow the hair to be dripping wet before I wrapped the towel around it. Make sure you post pics when you do it!

chocolate01

Thanks for starting this thread Jewell, I was wondering the same thing. I may try this this weekend.

mscounselor

cincybrownsugar said:
Jewel, I think your hair may need some curl definition to work, but I could be wrong.

Chaya, all I did when I plopped was cw my hair, and then applied my leave ins. I leaned my head over the tub and then I placed my towel on my head, rolled both ends, placed them on top of my head and then placed a scrunchie on my towel. I hope this makes sense to you.
Is there a "how to" website for those who need to see the pictures?
My hair started to get wavy when I put in the Motions Leave-In. Not drastically wavy, but just enough for me to notice. Don't know if this technique will work on me, though :confused:
Thanks for answering cincy...

curlilocs

mscounselor said:
My hair started to get wavy when I put in the Motions Leave-In. Not drastically wavy, but just enough for me to notice. Don't know if this technique will work on me, though :confused:

The how to's pics can be found on the naturallycurly.com website.

1. Spread towel or t-shirt on a low flat surface
2. Bend over towel with hair hanging
3. Place head against the towel with all the hair bunched on top of the head(head leaning onto the towel)
4. Grab towel around head and twist on both ends, like wrapping a piece of hard candy, and secure

You're now plopping!

Add product first

moda

mscounselor said:

No problem plopping

L

lkg4healthyhair

I was wondering the same thing....

It funny because a few years a go I washed my hair and a friend came over before I could dry it so I just bent my hair down and put on my Turbie Twist (towel that you can secure) and when she left I let my hair out of the towel and it was curly.....I was plopping and didn't know it :)

Cincysweetie

I am plopping now. I have a quick question. Does my hair have to be completely dry before I take it out of the towel?

ETA: The plopping method did not work for me at all.

Last edited: