POLL TIME!!! are relaxed heads the new minority whats your status

whats your status?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mari-Cris

What is texlaxed?

Texlaxed means your hair has a relaxer in it but it was applied and rinsed out in a lot less time than a regular relaxer. So the hair does not get as straight as it does with a "normal" relaxer. It loosens the curl and makes it easier to manage the hair w/o a straighter look. In terms of breakage and keeping your hair healthy, a texlax is preferable to a regular relaxer. That and not putting chemicals in your hair as often (at least 3 months and more between relaxers is ideal).

I currently wear my hair in a double-strand twist but I am not opposed to one day using something to loosen my hair, but I wouldn't do a regular relaxer -- I would go with one of the japanese thermals, most likely the digital perm if I was to go with any chemical product.

stelladata

Lmao! The OP's thread title made me giggle a bit. Hmmm, well according to your pole results, guess we are huh? I decided to jump on the train when it got out of style *shrugs* I think I've found a balance and I'm loving it thus far :grin: can't say what the future holds but, for now this works for me.

But, oh *waves to all the naturals out there* you girls work it :)

bride91501

^^Stelladata- your hair is GORGEOUS. Simply stunning. Even though I'm happily natural now, I can appreciate a gorgeous head of hair when I see one. Tis all.

skegeesmb

I'm natural here, and it seems that quite a few ladies where I am are also natural. It's pretty cool because where I work all the women are natural, one wears a wig though, but me and the other lady where our hair natural and we rock wash-n-go's, and natural ponytails.

JerriBlank

Natural head.
I never truly participate in the nat. Vs. rel. debates so I have no idea how some of you guys get so worked up. There are some truly over the top responses in here and I hope folks take the time chill out before posting just because they are angry...about other people's hair...yeah:look:

SmileyNY

I'm one of the minority texlaxers.

I just got my first texlax in Dec 2010 and I must say that it is the best of both worlds. I love it. :yep: I plan to stretch at least 12 weeks between touchups. In the meantime, I will try my best to keep my hair healthy, growing, and retaining length.

SmileyNY

i think women with natural hair are catching up to the relaxed women. on the forums, but in real life? nah, most women aint letting go of their precious affirm, mizani, motions, dark & lovely, or [insert preferred brand of NaOH in box/jar].

i personally think texlaxed should be lumped with relaxers...because, ummm your curl pattern is still relaxed even if its not bone straight...but then again alot of texlaxed/texturized ladies still mistakenly believe they're natural because their hair still has some curl to it :look::ohwell::perplexed:sad::nono:

Most texlaxed women are intelligent enough to know that if you put a chemical in your hair, it's not natural. I've noticed that some women (natural and relaxed) assume texlaxed women don't know that their hair is not natural and feel the need to "burst their bubble":yawn:. We know good and well we're not natural, we're ok with that (obviously we made a conscious decision not to be), and we're not trying to fool anyone.

blessedandlucky

Natural head.
I never truly participate in the nat. Vs. rel. debates so I have no idea how some of you guys get so worked up. There are some truly over the top responses in here and I hope folks take the time chill out before posting just because they are angry...about other people's hair...yeah:look:

What she said

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

GraceV

Texlaxed and loving it (it is indeed the best of both worlds:yep: ). Much love to the natural heads, fully relaxed heads and everything in between.

Jewell

This is my first time voting on this poll, though I think I posted before as a transitioner...IDK but I voted natural, because I BC'd the other day. I was a former texlaxer, and I liked it, but I just want to COMPLETELY embrace my natural texture and wanted to be free of anxiety and worry about possible chemical damage each time it was time for a touch up. 'Tis all!

P.S. I have been all 4--relaxed bone straight, transitioning, natural, texlaxed, transitioning, and now natural again...planning to stay that way, too. :yep:

LongLeggedLife

100%Natural-
No, I don't think natural ladies are at all in the majority, in fact the reason why I joined the board was because there is a concentration of natural ladies here, and I dont presently know any IRL to share hair talk with!
I find that very few women in my peer group are wearing their real hair at all, whether natural or relaxed in my neck of the woods.

KenyaDoll

^^^Mine experience is quite the opposite. Recently it seems like I have been coming across more natural OR transitioning ladies IRL. It seems like everywhere I go I end up talking about hair. I will say that most of the people that I know are relaxed though.