what's the LONGEST TIME you've spent at home DEALING WITH YOUR HAIR?

what's the longest amount of time you've spent at HOME dealing with your hair?

• Total voters

Truth

I say 3-6 hours.. Like yesterday... I spent 2hrs alone on washing, detangling and DC'in .. and I put twist in which took another 3hrs.. just varies with what i'm doing with my hair..and if she wants to cooperate :rolleyes:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
When I was natural I spend sometimes the entire day on my hair, now being texlaxed I spend the most 5 to 6 hours from start to finish which includes washing, DC, and styling a particular style.

Bene

Natural. More or less a total of 3 hours in washing, toweling, blow drying, flat ironing. That includes the time it's up in a towel to dry and combing/detangling.

DozenRoses99

I'm natural, and 3 hours is the max for me to spend on my hair. If it takes longer than that, I will just put it in a ponytail or bun.

TrustMeLove

Yesterday was an ALL DAY EVENT. From like 12 noon until 12:30am the next morning.

Deep conditioning, detangling, and trimming about 1 inch to 1/2 inch. I was very meticulous too. I can't say it's even or anything but I cut off alot. I'm natural.

Detangling was a beast, because I havent' detangled in awhile due to braids and my first wash I didn't go through it like I should have so I had some issues to work through. :nono:

I'm natural.

I've had weekend ventures while taking out braids.

Today I have to finally do whatever style I'm going to do. So I guess this is a weekend hair adventure too.

Nonie

Well, this is a tricky question for me. If we're talking about washing my hair, I rarely do it on loose hair so my wash time (even when it includes DCing) usually doesn't go over an hour. There's no detangling involved coz I don't allow my hair to get tangled in the first place.

When putting in extensions, I can take up to ten hours, but I tend to do it as I feel like it so that could stretch over a couple of days if I don't feel like doing it in one sitting.

Then I have HIH disease so I'm always playing in my hair. If I am not doing any work with my hands and I'm sitting watching TV, you can bet your bottom dollar, I'm redoing a braid or a twist. That could be ongoing so not sure if I can even come up with a number. "Indefinitely" is probably the best response for that.

I don't think I ever let my hair exhaust me. Once I braid or twist it, I forgetaboutit and will only work on a few sections at a time. And even during the install, I do not do it longer than I feel like it. If it's taking too long for my liking, I put whatever's left in big plaits and don a hat or headwrap for as long as it will take for that excitement of doing hair to return to me. Hair doesn't rule; I do!

ETA: I'm natural 4B

Nonie

I wanna hear from the people who took off from work.

What do you mean? You mean taking time off work to do hair? When I've wanted to put in braid extensions, since I do it as I feel like it, I tend to do it when I have more than a weekend off work. I've done it during a week's leave from work, or during a long weekend due to a public holiday. Is that what you mean?

prospurr4

On my weekly wash days, I spend about 1 hour doing a cowash and rollerset, not including drying time, which I usually do overnight.

My longest time is about 3.5 hours, which I do every 3 months when I texlax. This includes the touchup, protein treatment, neutralizing, color rinse, DC and rollerset but does not include drying time.

my-my

I'm natural and I've spent 5-6 hours in the past twisting my hair. They were small twists, I was really new to doing it (I wasn't fast at it), and I had to take breaks because my arms would get tired. This was close to a year and a half ago and at that time I couldn't do the twists any larger because my hair was shorter and they wouldn't hold.

MrsHdrLe

Since I've joined LHCF, I usually spend about 5 hours from wash to styled (I rollerset on low heat and that takes so long, I just prop up pillows and take a nap which is hard with those magnetic hard rollers. lol)
Pre LHCF, I almost exclusively wore individuals (self installed). Once I start, I don't like to stop (I especially hate the idea of wearing hats to hide the unfinished product), so on average, my braids would take about 16 hours straight, so I would call off work the next day to catch up on much needed sleep.

Fhrizzball

What do you mean? You mean taking time off work to do hair? When I've wanted to put in braid extensions, since I do it as I feel like it, I tend to do it when I have more than a weekend off work. I've done it during a week's leave from work, or during a long weekend due to a public holiday. Is that what you mean?

As in one of the poll option people took time off work to do their hair. I figured it to mean they played hooky or what not to do their hair.

I'm surprised at you Nonie, you made a post without pictures to go along with it :grin:.

It seems the magic number to put in extensions is 10 hours...

supermodelsonya

It took me so long to figure out what to do with my hair one day, I played with wigs, half weaves, buns...it was so tiresome, I looked up and only had 20 minutes to get to work.

From Hammond to Chicago, that's nearly impossible, unless I did 80 all the way and avoided all traffic signals.

So I stayed home, got some cute tree braids, and was sooooo happy.

Although I did get the side eye at work, one day wearing a bun and the next day in braids.

**cough cough**

Ms_CoCo37

I share your pain. I started early Saturday afternoon and finished up last night around 7 pm. The results are nice but dang!!! I'm tired now.

2sweetnsugarland

When I henna!! Of course you have to let the henna sit on your hair for at least 3-4 hours, then after henna I have to put in indigo and let it sit for 1 hour, then the washing and dcing which takes another 90 minutes. So normally I'm exhausted by the time I finish!!!

Nonie

As in one of the poll option people took time off work to do their hair. I figured it to mean they played hooky or what not to do their hair.

I'm surprised at you Nonie, you made a post without pictures to go along with it
:grin:.

It seems the magic number to put in extensions is 10 hours...

:rofl: @ the bold. :hide:

I realized that's what you were talking about (the poll) after posting my dumb question. My bad.

MochaBella

The first time I called myself putting in kinky twists myself, it took me the entire weekend to finish. I just couldn't get the hang of it for 1st few hours...it was so funny!!

The first time I took out micros before I was educated by lurking on LHCF, it took me 16 hours to take them out. This was also with the help of on of my girlfriends who did my entire back part. I literally cut each braid, then cut the knot, then combed them individually. Now, i just coat a section of braids with conditioner (after cutting them short) and let that sit while I am working on another section and they just slide right out after combing a few times. So much easier!!

curlydrea

My usual routine of Shampooing, conditioning, deep cond/protein treatment, detangling, and setting with shea butter usually take no longer than an hour for me. Flat ironing from air dried and detangled hair usually takes 30 minutes.

The only time it takes me hours and hours to do my hair is if im doing twist extensions(6-8 hrs) or micro twist (3-4 hours):ohwell:.

Hopefully i can keep this up as my hair grows longer.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
It takes minimum 10 hour to wash, DC, moisturize and braid my hair.

We're not going to even get into how much time it takes when adding extensions.