Poll:Would you get your hair done the day of your wedding?

Would you get your hair done the day of your wedding

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kayanna1212

Or would you rather get your hair done the night before?
And what style will you wear?
NOT SAYING YOUR GETTING MARRIED JUST WONDERING! :grin::drunk:

I did it the night before, then went in the morning for a touch up and styling.
It was a Dominican blowout that I wore straight down with the edges framing my face.

Day of. I want a good night sleep and wouldn't want to do the weird positions all night trying to save my hair.

Although, I would have my stylist do a trial run a couple of days or weeks before to make sure it's the look i wanted.

I had my hair done the day of. However, I had a test run done prior to this with the stylist. I think I had my hair relaxed a week or two before, so my hair wasn't too fresh for the updo. :yep: Ah, the memories!

Got mine done the night before my wedding and touched up on the day of......my stylist was also a bridesmaid so she was right there to do it for me. I would never wait til the day of .....sometimes I don't like the way it turns out when its first done.

I had my hair done the day of my wedding. My stylist happened to be my aunt so I knew I could trust her. I didn't really like my hairdo, though, but I'm sure she did the best she could with my ear-length tresses.

ETA: If I had it to do all over again, I would still get it done the day of the wedding, so I can get a good night's rest without trying to sleep on my face.

Last edited:
It would depend on the time of the wedding and how much business I had to take care of beforehand. If my styling is something I could do overnight, I would probably go with that option.

I voted the day of, since when I got married, I got my hair done the day of the wedding. This was pre-LHCF, or anything else hair related. I was always lucky and had hair between APL and BSL. My aunt relaxed my hair with two boxes of perms, root to tip NOOOO LIE!! (They were no lye relaxers)....AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, my hair stayed on my head, I didn't have a broken strand! She curled it with curlers and styled it into a very pretty pinned up curly up do. IT was gawggeous. If I knew about LHCF and unhealthy hair practices, I would have been screaming. I can't believe my hair stayed on my head LOL!

Well if I ever get married.....I will get mine the day of, and I would like a cute lil bun type hair style, I think nice wedding buns are elegant and simple.......but I probably won't get married......

I plan to get my hair done the day of. My stylist is one of my bridesmaids so I will have her do a trial beforehand. I would love to see some wedding hairstyles.

I always thought you do a few test runs with the stylish prior to, then the day of you get it done. I know my hair has to be fresh! Plus like someone else said, I need some good sleep! I'm going to be nervous enough as it is, so why add the stress of having to save a hair style for longer than 24 hours?

I got married in 2006 and I got my hair done the day of. I had some weave put in and cut that friday then I had it styled by my makeup artist the day of the wedding. I wish I could have gotten it styled last thing before getting dressed. My lady was booked for another wedding that day so I had to go like 3-4 hrs before the ceremony.

my real hair @ my bachelorette party
n25306600_30539064_1106.jpg

my weave at the rehearsal dinner
ry%3D400

Hair before the wedding
n25306600_31077467_2130.jpg

I got my done the day of. I didn't do a test run and my hair was gorgeous. I just brought my veil in a few weeks prior and told her to give me an elegant updo. I had to add weave because I have very fine hair. My stylist hooked me up. Everyone was saying how good my hair looked.

It was done the day of....with no test run. She was my regular stylist for years and I sent her the photo of what I wanted. She nailed it too.

I have some cute getting ready photos of me under the portable dryer she used - holding a mimosa.

I'm the type of person that hates ceremonies, so I'd probably just go to the courthouse, sign some papers, and be done with it. No hair-styling necessary :lachen:. But hypothetically speaking if I were to have a ceremony I would have to get my hair professionally done because I can't style my hair to save my life :nono:. And I would rather do it the day of so that I wouldn't mess it up while I slept or something.

I had my hair done the night before my wedding and I wore it straight down...

Last edited:
Was in and out of the shop between 8:30-10 for hair and makeup. Wedding was @ 2 and we were at the church no later than 1:45.

I got mine done the day of. I went to my stylist 2 weeks before for a trial run. We didn't like the way it came out, so she tweeked it the day of and it came out good.

Day of, but I'd sure have a back up plan. This lady was an hour late to her wedding cause she was getting her hair done.

my sister got married a month ago. We were supposed to be at the wedding site at 10am the morning of Day light savings. she planned to have her hair styled that morning which i thought was absolutely crazy! well, things went horribly wrong. she got up at 7:30am and waited for the stylist who never showed up. i ended up doing her hair (mine and our other sister's hair).

i was so pissed off about it cuz i know my sister is picky and i didn't want to deal with that pressure. i was also doing makeup for everyone. well, when i get married, it will not be an early ceremony and i will have my hair done the day before anyway and just sleep in pin curls or something.

Back