Pony Tail/Bun

CurleeDST

Is there anyone out here who has natural hair (no chemical relaxers) who is interested in growing their hair out by wearing it in a bun? If so, how do you create your bun with natural hair? I have very thick 3c/4a natural hair and am interested in an easy style which does not require me to wet it daily but is protective for winter and allows me to still look classy and conservative for work but can also easily transition to my daily workouts, etc.

Any step-by-step instructions would be greaty appreciated. Thanks so much!

To do any kind of upstyle with my thick hair, I have to do a braidout first. I make 6-7 plaits on each side of my head after washing, then let it airdry. I brush each section very carefully with a denman d3 before braiding to get the hair very smooth. Once its dry, I usually just seperate the plaits and finger comb. Then during the week I wear it up in a clip or in a bun.

When you brush out w/ the denman D3 is your hair wet? If so, do you use a detangler first? I find the longer my hair gets the more tangled it gets! GEESH!

How do you protect the ends? I have a preference for the low nape bun also. Thanks for all of your ideas and input.

caligirl said:
To do any kind of upstyle with my thick hair, I have to do a braidout first. I make 6-7 plaits on each side of my head after washing, then let it airdry. I brush each section very carefully with a denman d3 before braiding to get the hair very smooth. Once its dry, I usually just seperate the plaits and finger comb. Then during the week I wear it up in a clip or in a bun.

Back