Ponytail holder, plastic clips, banaclips etc recommendations

HairBarbie

Can anyone recommend good brands of the above, ones that don't lead to breakage and also warn of those that led to breakage.

For ponytail holders: The ouchless ones broke off the end/tips of my hair.:perplexed
For clips: The metal clips(the kinds used to clip roller sets) broke off the whole back of my hair.:sad:

I was wondering why my hair was breaking even though I was protective styling.:rolleyes: It took me a while to realize that its not only about the protective style but also what you're using to do you protective styles.

I hope these helps anyone. I'm still looking for a good ponytail holder brand/kind.

taj

Great thread, I'd like to know also. I use the ouchless bands and bobby pins, but I haven't had any breakage. Perhaps, because I don't use them everyday or that often.

RosesBlack

I don't know how well they work for other people but I get these giant terry cloth ones from the dirt mall and I love them. I like the thick black ouchless ones or there's a line made my Scunci I think that's marketed for black women that look kind of satiny, I like those as well but if your hair is thick they don't last long. I also use those big plastic duck bill clips for updos sometimes. OP are you bunning? If so your hair might have been breaking if you had your bun in the same spot all the time. also try tucking your ends under the bun then just using an elastic around the base of your bun so it's not really tight but holds your bun in place without stressing your ends.

HairBarbie

I don't know how well they work for other people but I get these giant terry cloth ones from the dirt mall and I love them. I like the thick black ouchless ones or there's a line made my Scunci I think that's marketed for black women that look kind of satiny, I like those as well but if your hair is thick they don't last long. I also use those big plastic duck bill clips for updos sometimes. OP are you bunning? If so your hair might have been breaking if you had your bun in the same spot all the time. also try tucking your ends under the bun then just using an elastic around the base of your bun so it's not really tight but holds your bun in place without stressing your ends.
Yeah I bun, but I'm trying to find another convenient protective style. I don't know which other one to do though.