porosity - the forgotten step

are you aware of the pH of your products? you can select more than one option.

• I am aware of the pH of my products and the consequences for my hair.

Votes: 48 13.1%
  • I am not aware of the pH of my products and the consequences for my hair.

Votes: 128 34.9%
  • I have a step in my regime to lower the pH of my hair.

Votes: 92 25.1%
  • I do not have a step in my regime to lower the pH of my hair.

Votes: 92 25.1%
  • I have no clue what you're talking about

Votes: 119 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deusa80

Hey guys, wanted to add that I applied to Roux porosity control conditioner (just enough to dampen but not over-wet my hair) to my hair before applying my SE Mild Lye Relaxer mixed with oil and my results were fantastic.

Interesting! I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question but did you apply it to your hair including your NG or just the rest of your hair?

achangedlife

I swear by porosity control shampoo and conditioners. I alternate them with the alpha 5 in 1 corrective shampoo and mendex. My hair is silky, strong and shiny. Best of all I don't even have to moisturize on a regular basis.

sqzbly1908

I used my PC after neutralizing and right before my color showers - I will NEVER leave this step out...This has really made the color adhere - not that I had any issues with colorshowers but I can really tell the difference

newflowers

I don't know if you saw it, but recently there was another porosity thread in which Gymfreak responded that in addition to the cuticle lying flat, the dc after helps to fill the gaps and stregthen the hair. I love the scientist on this board - women who know.

Anyway - I looked and can't find it, but if you have a chance, check it out - she has the complete explanation.

Odd One

ATTENTION!!!

Crazy experimental question coming in....

Since i cannot find the Roux PC and i always forget to mix my acv before washing and stuff... could i just drop some ACV in a cheapie conditioner and use this as my cuticule sealer??

Aggie

ATTENTION!!!

Since i cannot find the Roux PC and i always forget to mix my acv before washing and stuff... could i just drop some ACV in a cheapie conditioner and use this as my cuticule sealer??

You know, I have never even thought of this and don't know if it will work but since we have tried so many unconventional things on this board that worked, maybe you should give it a try and see what happens and then let us know your results, okay:yep:?

Odd One

You know, I have never even thought of this and don't know if it will work but since we have tried so many unconventional things on this board that worked, maybe you should give it a try and see what happens and then let us know your results, okay:yep:?

Sounds like your saying ''jump in the water, let us know how it is, then we MIGHT jump in'':lachen:

So i'm looking at my full bottle of aussi moist conditioner and my bottle of ACV and i have no idea on what to do with the ratios and all:look:

Last edited:

Jhuidah

ATTENTION!!!

This is an interesting question...this makes me think of the Caramel recipe listed on this site that includes ACV as one of the primary ingredients. I remember thinking that it was a LOT of ACV, but then when I tried the Caramel in my hair my ends felt amaaaazing. So there might be something to adding ACV to conditioner.

ladytee2

This is an interesting question...this makes me think of the Caramel recipe listed on this site that includes ACV as one of the primary ingredients. I remember thinking that it was a LOT of ACV, but then when I tried the Caramel in my hair my ends felt amaaaazing. So there might be something to adding ACV to conditioner.

Excellent point. I would start off with maybe 1tsp to a 1/2 cup or so and work from there.

Sweet Charm

I read that you can do the ACV rinse before or after the conditioning, But i dont want to seal out my conditioners effects so can I do a ACV rinse before and after condtioning? Or just one or the other?

Is that a dumb question? :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have been using Newflowers method, and applying the PC as a final rinse after my DC and before I apply my Leave-In. I have been doing this on a weekly basis as part of my DC process. I was wondering if the French Perm Stablizer can also be used the same way, since it has a 2.5 PH Balance? Does anyone know? Thanks..........

newflowers

I have been using Newflowers method, and applying the PC as a final rinse after my DC and before I apply my Leave-In. I have been doing this on a weekly basis as part of my DC process. I was wondering if the French Perm Stablizer can also be used the same way, since it has a 2.5 PH Balance? Does anyone know? Thanks..........

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=224541

here's a thread by people who use this product - maybe you can find answers here.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
This is a great thread!

I always use PC as a final rinse and lurve the end results. I'll have to try it before a dc! Ya'll are makin me wanna wash my hair and I just washed it last night! :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
hmmmm, this is what I'm missing...

You are missing some 'invaluable' information. As you can see 78 people thanked Newflowers for this Post. It totally took my Entire Hair Care Regimen to the Next Level by incorporating this product into my routine. I think it is worth going through and reading.:yep: You'll learn alot. I did.

NaniDiamond

I had used Porosity for years and then forgot about it...as I've been using mega tek, I've noticed a rough/dry feeling to my hair and I bought PC and wallah!...matter solved...even got a coupon from Sally's for 15% off, so I'm about to go and the big bottle right now.

my daughter is all natural and I've mixed it with her DC ... I'm back on my PC kick!!!

newflowers

Help!!!

So - Do I acv - then DC???
Or do I ACV at the final rinse?????????????????

This is confusing.
TIA

You can do either. The advantage of doing it before the dc is to lay flat those cuticles and then the condition fills in the gaps and coats the hair. If you do it the other way, you lay the cuticles flat after the dc. Both work well in my experience, though I only use acv rinse after relaxing.

beans4reezy

I used it for the first time yesterday. I let it sit for 5 mins after my DC. I noticed that my rollerset came out a lot bouncier. This is a keeper for me as well

tgrowe

Interesting! I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question but did you apply it to your hair including your NG or just the rest of your hair?
First, I am sorry for being so late in checking in. I don't log on like I use to. Second, it is not a silly question. I applied te PC to all of my hair. The purpose I guess it to reduce the "shock" your hair can receive from chemical services such as colors and relaxers and to produce better results from the chemical services. Well that it did. I tried it and loved the results. Will try this again on my next relaxer date.

deusa80

First, I am sorry for being so late in checking in. I don't log on like I use to. Second, it is not a silly question. I applied te PC to all of my hair. The purpose I guess it to reduce the "shock" your hair can receive from chemical services such as colors and relaxers and to produce better results from the chemical services. Well that it did. I tried it and loved the results. Will try this again on my next relaxer date.

Thanks! I'm hoping to try this with my next relaxer.

newflowers

I would like to have more explicit directions of how you did this. you used the pc on your hair before you relaxed. how long did you wait afterwards? details, details - tell all.

Aggie

Help!!!

So - Do I acv - then DC???
Or do I ACV at the final rinse?????????????????

This is confusing.
TIA

ACV with the final rinse is recommended but if you don't like the lingering smell of acv in your hair then I'd recommend a very light conditioner after the rinse to get the smell out.

blackpearl81

OMG...I did my first ACV rinse today as the final step after my relaxer, neutralizer, and dc....I love, love, love it!!:love: :love: My hair is so soft and it got that swang honey!!! I'll definitely be doing the rinse at least once a week..:woot:

BTW: I used one tbls of acv to two cups of water and didn't rinse out.

fe6968

i'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but does porosity control contain any protein?:drunk::spinning::look::drunk: