Can you/Anyone used Roux Porosity as a moisturizing conditoner?

fluffylocks

Anyone used Roux Porosity Control Conditoner after shampooing and thats it?
No mixing with another conditoner, no using another conditoner?
Can you do that?

Also probally a dumb question, Roux has a PH of 4.5, water 7, when you rinse the porosity controll out of your hair, what will the porosity of your hair be? Somehere in the middle of 4.5 and 7? Will the cuticles of your hair still be closed?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I would use a dc after shampooing :yep:

PC is a great conditioner for co washes though. And it's also great when mixed with other conditioners :grin:

gymfreak336

Can you do that?

Also probally a dumb question, Roux has a PH of 4.5, water 7, when you rinse the porosity controll out of your hair, what will the porosity of your hair be? Somehere in the middle of 4.5 and 7? Will the cuticles of your hair still be closed?

The final pH of your hair is dependent also on the amount of rinsing time. pH changes are not immediate. Since the conditioner is on the very acidic side (in terms of the average pH of conditioners) your cuticles will still be closed.

shocol

Can you do that?

Yep, I did that yesterday. It seems to make my hair softer and for a longer period of time than a vinegar rinse. I don't know if that's because of the ingredients in the condish or because it does a better job of closing my cuticles.

fluffylocks

I would use a dc after shampooing :yep:

PC is a great conditioner for co washes though. And it's also great when mixed with other conditioners :grin:

OK, thanks! Im always trying to find a shortcut or use one product for all types of things :rolleyes:
Yea i love mixing it with other conditoners and they work so much better thats what got me too thinking, can i just skip this other conditoner all together.... :rolleyes:
LOL thanks again, i will def. try it with cowashes.

The final pH of your hair is dependent also on the amount of rinsing time. pH changes are not immediate. Since the conditioner is on the very acidic side (in terms of the average pH of conditioners) your cuticles will still be closed.

THANKYOU GYMFREAK! :kiss: I was SO hoping you would happen to peak at this thread, didnt want to bother you with a PM with that question.

Yep, I did that yesterday. It seems to make my hair softer and for a longer period of time than a vinegar rinse. I don't know if that's because of the ingredients in the condish or because it does a better job of closing my cuticles.

I notice that too, because i thought the PH of my hair would go back up with Roux i started doing ACV rinses, just so happend to buy Roux the other day and the stuff IMO works 10x better. Im thinking its the ingredients.

How does your hair feel now with you not having used any other conditoner?

nomoweavesfome

Can you do that?

I love Roux Porosity Control:lick: Not sure the exact way to use it but I looov e the way my hair feels and looks after this. I use twice a month after pooing w/ profective neutralizing poo, slap that on after and my hair feels like silk. I do this when I need my hair to feel soft and new growth manageable. May not be correct, but it's great for me!!!!!!!!!

fluffylocks

I love Roux Porosity Control:lick: Not sure the exact way to use it but I looov e the way my hair feels and looks after this. I use twice a month after pooing w/ profective neutralizing poo, slap that on after and my hair feels like silk. I do this when I need my hair to feel soft and new growth manageable. May not be correct, but it's great for me!!!!!!!!!

Oh thanks! So it moisturizes good enough? Your hair doesnt feel much different than if you used any other conditoner?

Kari107

I use porosity control with a conditioner because if it closes the cuticle I want to close the cuticle with some extra moisture. I hope that made sense:grin:.

Determined22

I've never mixed PC with another conditioner, I've just used it after co-washing. I'm gonna have to try mixing it with other conditioners.

anniev2

I use porosity control with a conditioner because if it closes the cuticle I want to close the cuticle with some extra moisture. I hope that made sense:grin:.

Has anyone ever used PC when deep conditioning? OR is that an "oxymoron activity"?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use PC after I DC w/Heat. It was my understanding after you DC specifically with Heat, your cuticles are lifted. So after I rinse out my DC w/Heat, I apply the PC for 1-2 minutes and rinse thoroughly to close the cuticle to make them lie flat. "Thanks Newflowers"

Once I have my Porosity issues straightened out, I could see myself mixing it with other conditioners, but right now my hair is overly porous and damaged and the way I just described has turned my hair around and actually made me feel that I am getting "More out of my DC w/Heat by applying the PC after rinsing out the Heated DC Treatment

Last edited:

LaidBak

IDareTsHair what you said is exactly what I went through and how I used PC. It turned my hair around completely. The only thing I did different was that I mixed it 75/25 with Kenra MC.

Stella B.

I use PC after I DC w/Heat. It was my understanding after you DC specifically with Heat, your cuticles are lifted. So after I rinse out my DC w/Heat, I apply the PC for 1-2 minutes and rinse thoroughly to close the cuticle to make them lie flat. "Thanks Newflowers"

Once I have my Porosity issues straightened out, I could see myself mixing it with other conditioners, but right now my hair is overly porous and damaged and the way I just described has turned my hair around and actually made me feel that I am getting "More out of my DC w/Heat by applying the PC after rinsing out the Heated DC Treatment

I agree with you! I am using PC after my DC with heat each week just like Newflowers suggested. I see a huge difference in how my hair looks and behaves. (new growth is much more manageable.) I'll keep doing it this way for a while, until my hair decides it needs a change. :)Then I'll think about switching it up a little, maybe adding it to conditioners. One thing for sure, now that I know about it, porosity control will always be a part of my hair regimen!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I agree with you! I am using PC after my DC with heat each week just like Newflowers suggested. I see a huge difference in how my hair looks and behaves. (new growth is much more manageable.) I'll keep doing it this way for a while, until my hair decides it needs a change. :)Then I'll think about switching it up a little, maybe adding it to conditioners. One thing for sure, now that I know about it, porosity control will always be a part of my hair regimen!!

Me Too:yep: StellaB. I was sooooooo impressed with the Porosity Control, that I purchased the Shampoo, the Mendex and the Moisture Balance (haven't tried any of those -not quite sure how to use them, although I actually think the Mendex is a Reconstructor). I was so grateful that I read that particular Thread.

But using Porosity Control and helping to correct porosity is The Truth !!!