"possessed" people

Amour

A co-worker i was speaking to earlier in the week who is a devout christian was telling me of possesed demonised (sp?) people. Don't want to get into too much detail to scare anyone but was wondering what everyone else thought of this kinda thing? Anyone think they are such people!? She was also telling me some of the things that has allegedly happened to such people like turning into animals and stuff. I'm sceptical but would love to hear otheres viewpoints

PrincessDiva

Read the book" He Came to Set The Captives Free" By Dr.Rebecca Brown..This is a TRUE story ..( I`m not sure if that is the correct name of the author but I think its close)

silverflyt

I'm sure this phenominon probably exsists to some deree...My mother has personally cast out "demons"...not really sure what I think of that :ohwell: , but what immediately comes to mind are the scores of people, in the last century even, who were mistakenly thought to be "demon possessed" but were really just suffereing from clinical illnesses like schizophrenia..kind of sad to me they never got the help they really needed.:(

CaribbeanQueen

silverflyt said:
I'm sure this phenominon probably exsists to some deree...My mother has personally cast out "demons"...not really sure what I think of that :ohwell: , but what immediately comes to mind are the scores of people, in the last century even, who were mistakenly thought to be "demon possessed" but were really just suffereing from clinical illnesses like schizophrenia..kind of sad to me they never got the help they really needed.:(

Very well said silverflyt.

I believe that their may be instances where people are demon possessed but sometimes I think that Christians are too quick to dismiss anything they dont understand as being demonic.

If a person has a physical illness such as diabetes or highblood pressure, most Christians will not say "Stop taking your meds and pray.". They may pray for the person to be healed of their condition but in conjunction with seeking medical advice.

On the other hand, if a person says they are hearing voices or are severely depressed, a lot of Christians will say "Take them to church!They need deliverance!".

Last edited:

Trini"T"

I have heard about people turning into animals. My friend said he saw a cat being chased out of a woman's house where they set it on fire and the cat...turned back into a woman:eek:

Last edited:

silverflyt

iiBlackBarbieii said:
I have heard about people turning into animals. My friend said he saw a cat being chased out of a woman's house where they set it on fire and the cat...turned back into a woman:eek:

:eek: That is CRAZAAYY...:nono:

Trini"T"

silverflyt said:
:eek: That is CRAZAAYY...:nono:
:lachen: :lachen: I KNOW!! When David Blaine was in Haiti, he asked this guy what kinds of things he sees there and he said he saw people flying:lol: . He was so serious:( . It's that voodoo girl!

silverflyt

iiBlackBarbieii said:
:lachen: :lachen: I KNOW!! When David Blaine was in Haiti, he asked this guy what kinds of things he sees there and he said he saw people flying:lol: . He was so serious:( . It's that voodoo girl!

You know what? I saw that mess too. :eek: But I just breezed right on over that little tid bit. I mean I heard it...but OBVIOUSLY,I wasn't tryna hear that...girl, I must have just blocked that right on out-because I didn't recall it until you mentioned it. My brain was like...I'M NOT LISTENING...I'M NOT LISTENING :D..a SHAME :nono:

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
Co-signing on this one. Read this book. It will change the way you see EVERYTHING in this world.

PrincessDiva said:
Read the book" He Came to Set The Captives Free" By Dr.Rebecca Brown..This is a TRUE story ..( I`m not sure if that is the correct name of the author but I think its close)

TrustMeLove

The book, by Rebecca Brown is really good.

ALso some of those illnesses like schezo whatever..are demon possessions.

Yea, I believe that people can be possessed..Thats actually apart of my gift..I can feel when folks have demons in them..or when they are surrounded by them or lead by them..You know spiritual guides.

I've never seen people change into animals..but I wouldn't be surprised..

Amina

PrincessDiva said:

I usually just lurk around on this board *rarely do I ever post my opinion*

I read her book after you mention it and did a little research. Her story isn't even real or based on a true story. Do a little research on the author and you will understand.

TrustMeLove

Amina said:
I usually just lurk around on this board *rarely do I ever post my opinion*

I read her book after you mention it and did a little research. Her story isn't even real or based on a true story. Do a little research on the author and you will understand.

I read it and it changed my view of the world as well and has helped me through many trials and tribulations. The Lord has also confirmed many of the things I have read in the book as well, in my daily life.

So....yea...

I was also given this book, but my bible study leader and it was recommended to me by my first lady..

Soo...yea...

To the other poster..

Research Jesus..you'll find some nasty stuff about him too.

Amina

TrustMeLove said:
I read it and it changed my view of the world as well and has helped me through many trials and tribulations. The Lord has also confirmed many of the things I have read in the book as well, in my daily life.
So....yea...

I wasn't saying that none of those things cannot/have not happen or it didn't change lives. I am just saying the book itself isn't based on a true story. Several of her facts in her book are wrong. But Oh well.

TrustMeLove

Amina said:
I wasn't saying that none of those things cannot/have not happen or it didn't change lives. I am just saying the book itself isn't based on a true story. Several of her facts in her book are wrong. But Oh well.

If you are willing, could you state which "facts" are not really facts? Let us not leave anyone in the dark or allow someone to believe a lie. Right?

NtheNameofJesus!

TrustMeLove said:
Research Jesus..you'll find some nasty stuff about him too.

boy.........................that had me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man...

but what i was going to say was that before we believe any book or choose not to believe in something, we ought to research in the BIBLE to find out what it says about the particular situation. for instance, about 20% of the miracles Jesus did were the casting out of demons. and....many of these demons had folks doing things that we would label as psychotic diseases....hmmm....throwing themselves or the person in fires, in water, cutting themselves....it's all in the Word of God. so, look in the gospels and see what Jesus encountered. i'm telling you from experience just this last week, demons are real, spirits are real and they are so not powerful when compared to the almighty and powerful Jesus Christ! matta fact, they can't stand the Name of Jesus and they cannot stand the truth of God's Word......

this battle in the spiritual is real...so arm yourself accordingly....by the Word of God!:) love yall....

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
iiBlackBarbieii said:

I am really tired of Haiti always being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO notorious for having voodoo all over the place. Cuba, PR, DR, India, Italy and every friggin place where people breathe and have bad intentions, voodoo is there! My family is from Haiti and the only way for them is Jesus. Not black magic.

As for people being demon possessed, I believe it. Fortunately, I have never seen it. I have heard many Hispanics and West Indian people talk about inexplicable things such as a burning bush, people turning into animals and going right back into being human.