Prayer for parents

syze6

Hello Ladies,

I know there is power in numbers. I want to pray for my mother to forgive my dad. My dad used to abuse my mom years ago. He was outside of Christ at the time. Today, he is a changed man. My mom is very bitter and it's affecting their relationship. He works so hard and she doesn't want for anything. Yet, she is always complaining and making him feel useless. She never accompanies him to his family affairs even though the other wives join their husbands. She goes to her hometown without him and everything he says is returned with bitterness.

I don't excuse my dad's actions. It took me a while to forgive him. I thank God today I have a relationship with my dad. Being the only girl with brothers, I would have truly missed out on the loving relationship we have today if I held on to my bitterness. I'm older and I now realize that a lot of the issues they had comes from my mom. As a child I blamed my dad for everything because of his physical abuse. Which is unacceptable. Whenever I go to visit, there is constant bickering and it drives me nuts!!!

My mom sleeps in a separate room and it breaks my heart. My dad is a truck driver and many times he stays away sleeping in his truck than to come home. He says it's peaceful for him. My dad tries everything. He's apologized and he tries to please her but nothing works. She works and is constantly talking about my dad doesn't just give her money. Which he does. She got a fur coat that she has never worn, She saw this bracelet, he counted out 8 one hundred dollar bills and gave it to her. He buys her presents and she complains about it. She is hurt and bitter and she needs to let it go. Her best friend died years ago, she hangs with her sisters some time. I try to get her out the house sometimes but most of the time she's there alone, and she likes it.

She hasn't attended church in years. She calls my dad the devil and says he's going to break hell wide open.She uses profanity and stocks her refrigerator with coolers and wine. She didn't used to drink now she enjoys it. I pray for them daily especially her. I see older couples laughing and holding hands and I wish my parents were growing old like that. They both are approaching 60 and have wasted so much time living together but seperate. I cry so many tears over them. Sometimes I feel it's useless and I want to stop praying. I know my mother has been hurt and everyone recognizes it especially my dad. I know she has been scarred but being angry and bitter is not good for anyone. She's always complainin about headaches and such. I just wish she would let go.

Please pray for them!

Last edited:

Koffie

syze6 said:
Hello Ladies,

I know there is power in numbers. I want to pray for my mother to forgive my dad. My dad used to abuse my mom years ago. He was outside of Christ at the time. Today, he is a changed man. My mom is very bitter and it;s affecting their relationship. He works so hard and she doesn't want for anything. Yet, she is always complaining and making him feel useless. She never accompanies him to his family affairs even though the other wives join their husbands. She goes to her hometown without him and everything he says is returned with bitterness.

I don't excuse my dad actions. It took me a while to forgive him. I thank God today I have a relationship with my dad. Being the only girl with brothers, I would have truly missed out on the loving relationship we have today if I held on to my bitterness. I'm older and I now realize that alot of the issues comes from my mom. As a child I blamed my dad because of his physical abuse. Which is unacceptable. Whenever I go to visit, there is constant bickering and it drives me nuts!!!

My mom sleeps in a separate room and it breaks my heart. My dad is a truck driver and many times he stays away sleeping in his truck than to come home. He says it's peaceful for him. My dad tries everything. He's apologized and he tries to please her but nothing works. She works and is constantly talking about my dad doesn't just give her money. Which he does. She got a fur coat that she has never worn, She saw this bracelet, he counted out 8 one hundred dollar bills and gve it to her. He buys her presents and she complains about it. She is hurt and bitter and she needs to let it go. Her best friend died years ago, she hangs with her sisters some time. I try to get her out the house sometimes but most of the time she there alone, and she likes it.

She hasn't attended church in years. She calls my dad the devil and says he's going to break hell wide open.She uses profanity and stocks her refrigerator with coolers and wine. She didn't used to drink now she enjoys it. I pray for them daily especially her. I see older couples laughing and holding hands and I wish my parents were growing old like that. They both are approaching 60 and have wasted so much time living together but seperate. I cry so many tears over them. Sometimes I feel it's useless and I want to stop praying. I know my mother has been hurt and everyone recognizes it especially my dad. I know she has been scarred but being angry and bitter is not good for anyone. She's always complainin about headaches and such. I just wish she would let go.

Please pray for them!

This sound like my family :ohwell:

star

Father I pray in the mighty name of Jesus that our dear mother here will be loosed from the spirit of of unforgiveness. We pray that something will be said or done that will cause her to be free in her mind, body and spirit. We declare victory over the enemy. We know that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes including this mother. Teach her holy spirit that two wrongs do not make a right in God's eye. We pray for her healing in Jesus name. AMEN, AMEN and AMEN.

Blossssom

It took a lot for you to write this post, and I don't ordinarily come into the Christian forum, but my thoughts are with you and your parents this day.

God bless...

kisz4tj

star said:
Father I pray in the mighty name of Jesus that our dear mother here will be loosed from the spirit of of unforgiveness. We pray that something will be said or done that will cause her to be free in her mind, body and spirit. We declare victory over the enemy. We know that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes including this mother. Teach her holy spirit that two wrongs do not make a right in God's eye. We pray for her healing in Jesus name. AMEN, AMEN and AMEN.
AMEN

<<<<Hugs to ya>>>> He sees all your tears....and yes there is power in prayer.

Pray
Until
Something
Happens

pebbles

star said:

Amen! I pray in agreement with you that this mother be freed from the spirit of unforgiveness and bitterness. :)

divinefavor

star said:

AMEN!!! AMEN!!!