Prayer Request: My Parents Relationship and Mom's Health

shellzfoshizzle

Can you all please pray for my mom and dad's relationship and my mom's health?

My dad is an alcoholic and it's driving my mom to death (literally). She tries to deal with him and just "let it go" but it's taking a toll on her. My dad doesn't do what he's supposed to with his money and barely pays the rent and bills so my mom has to take her $450 disability check to cover for his slack. He has been an alcoholic for as long as I can think back and will not get help. He says, "I'm not drunk, I've just had a sip of wine". We aren't stupid. Also, one of our cars broke down and they dont have any money to get another one so my mom is stuck at home all day long while my dad is at work. She can't even make her doctors appointments or go to the store without waiting on someone to drive her around. She gets so lonely sitting up in the house all day. He never takes her anywhere. Also, my dad gets drunk within minutes of coming home from work and verbally abuses my mom. It makes me want to cry. He calls her a hoe and says that she's the worst thing on the face of the earth which is not true and the reason why he drinks is because he married her. My mom only gets $450 a month from social security/disability and by the time she helps my dad with his bills, groceries, prescriptions, and buy a little here or there for my sisters unborn baby, she doesn't have any money for herself...she wants to leave so bad but she has no where to go. I am away at college and I hate being away because I am not at home to be the "peacemaker" or the "middle man", but a lot of times I feel that now is my time to be in school and "live life". I feel so helpless a lot of times. I cannot help my dad. He needs to recognize how he is treating my mom and that he has a problem and get his ish together. I feel like I can help my mom in some way though. When I went home I offered to take my mom out to get her out of the house, but she didn't want to go. She said she feels ugly and doesn't have any money so the only thing I can do is constantly pray. My mom is constantly loosing weight and I pray she doesn't have cancer or just waste away. I love both of my parents with all my heart and they are the only family that I have. I would appreciate it if you all kept them in your prayers.

MomofThreeBoys

I will keep your family in my prayers Shelley. I don't know how, but God will make a way somehow someday. Don't lose faith....

Mark 11:22-24
22"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

redeemed516

I am sorry for you and your family. This is almost identical to my parents. My parents have been divorced for a while. My mom finally figured out that she could do bad by herself. I don't really know what to say, but that PRAYER REALLY DOES CHANGE THINGS. keep praying for your family and I will do the same. God will work it out. It may not always be the way we expect it but just know that God does answer prayer.

caress

I have 3 epople in my family that are or were alcoholics. Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon (for people whose lives have been affected by someone drinking) have done my family a world of good. There is also Alateen for teens. Even if your father is not ready, your mother may benefit from being a part of Al-Anon. AA and Al-Anon are spiritual in nature though you do not have to belong to any particular religion or even believe in God to be a member.

I urge you to look in to Al-Anon as well as seeking relief by way of prayer. I can honestly say that AA and Al-Anon have saved my family. The main alcoholic in my life became sober when I was 2 and I am now 27 and he's still sober through the help of AA. This person's spouse belongs to Al-Anon to this day and she says that it also helps with everyday life problems. I can't quite put their experience into words but I do hope you look into Al-Anon for your mom and your family.

What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.

shellzfoshizzle

thank you all. continue to pray. Caress: my father will no way on God's green earth go get any help. No way. :nono: We have already through that idea into the air lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago.

caress

shellzfoshizzle said:
thank you all. continue to pray. Caress: my father will no way on God's green earth go get any help. No way. :nono: We have already through that idea into the air lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago.

Well actually I was mostly gearing my post toward your mother because you can't control your father's actions but your mother may still benefit from the support of others who are in or have been in her position. I will pray for you.